Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 05:22:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary school  (Read 21920 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 06:04:39 PM »

it is very easy to enter.
My friend's son also P1 next year. Ask her to donate $500 to the buddisht association. guaranteed Phase2B

They are just using a strategy to make their Phase 2C overwhelming. Do you think the sch is good?

Advertisement

clover

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 12:27:40 PM »

hi yukiang,

i understand your point of view, thanks for highlighting to me.  but i guess i'm left with no other choices here, right?  there're only two primary schools in punggol.  at least the pupils from mee toh looks much more decent than the other one.  i've heard that nanchiau pri is good too but it's also very popular.  and since we stay quite far from it, i guess the chance of getting in is very small.  do you have any other suggestions?

hi alaska,

really?!?!  just a donation will secure a place in the school?  i think it's a bit too much, given they're a buddhist school, kind of too "practical" if you know what i mean?  is the school more popular nowadays?  i've read that when they were still in the old place, their pupils population is very small, right, like almost closing down?  i'm really worried about this primary one registration thing, it's my first time, what if my girl can't get in to a school of her choice?

appreciate all your advises!!!  many thanks!!! 
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »

i don't know lah...this is what she told me. She called the school few weeks ago. Apparently the clerk told her to donate leh...
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »

my girl is going to P1 next yr, is mee toh a good school?
My house is only 5 mins walk away from Mee Toh but I chose Edgefield Pri for my son. I've never heard of Mee Toh before I came to Punggol and yes, heard about the small enrolment in the old school at Race Course Rd too.
I made enquiries about the Edgefield and the Principal, Mrs Sabrina James, answered my email and brought me around the school personally. She's an excellent principal, I know the VP too, though I do not know the teachers there. I like the school culture and the programmes they have to make learning fun, eg International Day where each class will represent a country, made flags, food tasting or little souvenirs for the pupils who visited the "country", Principal Challenge where interest questions such as " Why is the sky blue? or Name the English word that ends with mt" will be posted and any pupil from any level may answer.
I also know that the school overall percentage pass is rather high but they are trying to get more A's , thus, the emphasis on the academics too. Maybe that's why P1 pupils have to take exams.
My eldest daughter is in PLMGPS in Lor Ah Soo - 10 mins drive without congestion but 1hr by school bus. After her experience, we decided that a school nearby is more important than getting into the top few schools. Honestly, if the child is not academically inclined, going into a good school is very stressful for both the parents and child. However, if the child has good, solid foundation, any primary school will do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: