Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 14, 2024, 10:13:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary school  (Read 22056 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 04:51:30 AM »

The school called up the parents of those who registered last year under phase 2C, but more than 1km away. Suggested that the parents withdraw the application (since no chance of getting in) and apply for other schools so as to secure a place in another sch.  I do not know of any school that will bother to do that.

Yes, I was one of them to be called up on the 3rd day at 11:00am. Ask me to withdraw. Punggol to Paya Lebar about 7km.

Advertisement

meisterlai

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »

understand some get baptized to get into PLMGPS

is it true???
clover

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »

hi alaska, so does it mean that mee toh isn't such a good school after all?  i just don't like the donating part as given that it's a buddhist school, it's like going against the morals of buddhism?  but when you look at it from a business point of view, they aren't wrong to do so.  i'm really in a dilemma...  it's either mee toh or edgefield.  i personally still prefer mee toh as there're more chinese students and it's a buddhist school, not that i'm racist but i've seen/heard enough...  yes, i believe that if a child's good, it really doesn't matter what school he/she's in.  but if the child can be in a better-than-average school, it should more and less help academically.  if i don't donate to the school, what do you think are my daughter's chance of getting in?  do we have so many children in punggol attending primary one next year?  i really don't know, man...   Undecided
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »

We should respect their decision as it is a sch set up by Buddisht Association not MOE. So whatever they want to do with their enrollment, let them be.

If you have no choice, die die must enter to this sch. Phase 2C balloting. If unable to enter think alternative choice.

What my friend does, she waits for the new primary sch to be ready. She said during that year, the birth rate started to decline. But bear in mind those foreigners may come in. Her son is going to P1. She is more kiasu, already visiting some schools already. Apparently the son doesn't like Mee Toh. He said very old...the classroom tables, etc. Edgefield newer tables/chairs, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: