Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 01:58:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: persistent high fever  (Read 9231 times)
crystal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 09:40:25 PM »

My first kid is also pro to fever for few days.. usually will spongebath her, wear loose clothings.. usually hospital will only admit them if they are dehydrated or dengue fever..

Advertisement

hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »

last nite at thomson medical, they suspected dengue, took blood test but came back negative.... came back ard 1plus in the morning ..they can't do much, gave her the bum thing...(can't spell it) again.....then told us to continue wif panadol and brufen...

aiyo this morning had to take her back to se dr ang, did another blood test...imagine a screaming child...think she just developed a phobia for clinics and hospitals.....cried all the way

blood test came back and all he could tell us was she had some sort of bacteria infection???!! he doesn't know what bacteria....she's got no other symptoms except for her high fever. just gave some antibiotics and more panadol.... wants us to go back on monday

so now, we can only keep giving her panadol and sponge her and hopefully the antobiotics will get rid og watever bacteria in her. we are like, she just had her vaccination, is she going to have another fever after this one?Huh?? sigh then it will be over a week!!!
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »

my neighbour's daughter also had fever for 7 days continuosly 3 weeks ago. She is 8 yrs old.
They went to hospital and did the blood test also -ve sign.

I think nowadays, the virus is very strong. Cough and flu also very long to recover.

understand yr feelings.
elmo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 08:58:16 AM »

does ur child had only fever, no cough/flu?

3 weeks ago, my girl also had her MMR jab. 2 days after the jab, she had high fever, the symptoms is similar to your child. just fever, no cough nor runny nose. persistent high fever of above 38 degrees etc. doc say, the fever is not caused by her MMR jab too. her blood test also showed negative dengue fever results but showed high level of white blood cells which means she's having viral fever, according to doc. this entire episode lasted 6 days!

probably ur child had viral fever like my girl. we just constantly sponge her, give lotsa fluids, even barley water and the paracetemol suspension. by the 5th day, the fever subsided. 6th day, her temp is back to normal again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: