Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 07:46:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: persistent high fever  (Read 9277 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 11:43:30 AM »

Girls are more prone to urinary tract infection (UTI), sometimes no other symptoms except high fever, or pain in passing urine. If the child wears diapers, the urine in the diapers smell like poo. If it is UTI (bacteria infection), need to be on antibiotics to get it treated. If not treated, may lead to kidney problems. My eldest daughter had that when she was only 6mths and 9 mths. Went thru alot of testing in KK to make sure no back flow of urine, no scarring of kidneys - very heartbreaking to go thru all the tests!
After that experience, whenever my kids poo, I wash the bums well, even when we were out - mastered the art of washing bums at the sink - that's after cleaning with wipes!

Yes, read this before. That is why it is important to wash the poo/ pee from her front to back, NOT back to front if not the bacteria may easily infect her privates and cause infection.

Advertisement

biscuit

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 01:08:51 PM »

hurricane have faith she'll overcome. I will pray for your child to have a speedy recovery. God bless.
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »

hurricane, it BB ok now?

I think u can try giving her influenza jab aft tis episode. I think it helps in reducing the effects of the virus when it strike. So far my son only gotten tis type of fever onces. After he had the flu jab, he remain uninfected when the whole family is down with flu. So i presumed it helps.
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »

Flu Jab
Influenza is usually a more severe illness than the common cold and typically has a sudden onset with headache, chills and cough followed rapidly by a fever, appetite loss, muscle aches, and tiredness. Thankfully, the influenza vaccination can offer some protection against the virus.

After vaccination, the body’s immune system produces antibodies against the inactivated virus in the vaccine. If you are exposed to the real virus, the antibodies prevent the infection or reduce the likelihood of severe illness should infection occur. The Ministry Of Health recommends that travellers, both adults and children above six months, going to temperate countries in the Northern Hemisphere protect themselves against the disease with influenza vaccination.

Children who have chronic disorders of the lungs or heart or who require regular medical follow-up or hospitalisation because of chronic metabolic diseases, kidney or blood disorders are advised to be vaccinated against influenza as well.

Quoted from http://www.motherhood.com.sg/baby_health/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: