Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 02, 2024, 10:21:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P1-Mee Toh NO HOMEWORK ( a waste of time) choose other school  (Read 58449 times)
GL2000

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 04:40:43 AM »

Agree with all. My boy is taking wushu now... haha... told him self defense is very important.

I told my son to solve his "own problems" since his pre-school days...be it arguments or harmless fights...he has to learn the hard way & I never intervened or complained.
If its any part of his body that was hurt that day, I will shrug if off after making sure the other party was unhurt. It was the bloodshot swollen eye that I saw that made me worried & anger sets in when I get that kind of remarks from the school. I really admire parents who can stay so calm & objective during such incidents. Anyway, just wanted to share my story...  Smiley

Now back to homework issue... My son (P2) was given homework almost everyday but its not alot. He will only have 1 maths worksheet or 1 english worksheet. (usually completed within 15mins)
I think that is sufficient on the school's part.The children can have proper rest & too much homework will make them hate the subject & the teacher I think. We just need to monitor their work on a daily basis.
P1s should enjoy school. Whether there are homework doesnt really matter at this stage cos majority of P1s these days are so ahead of their time. What additional benefits do we see if they are given lots of homework at P1 level? I think school activities that promotes cooperation, graciousness, etc. are more important.

Advertisement

Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »

Hi GL2000,

Thanks for sharing with us on your thoughts.  Plus, glad to know that your ds enjoy his school.  May I know if your ds travel to school by school bus or he stays in student care?

If he stays in student care, can you let me know where?  Cause, I only heard of smartie cottage but that's not too good from what I've heard.  Also, any mommies here can recommend me student care either in Punggol or Sengkang? 
GL2000

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 12:56:08 AM »

Helloo Pavilion8616..

My boy follows me back to the office almost everyday. If my mum has the time, she will
help me at least twice a week.

How old is your child? Where is he/she schooling?

Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:28:22 AM »

Hi GL2000,

Wow, that's great.  Both of you are lucky to have time for each other.

My ds is due for Primary 1 registration this year; rather next month.  Still considering, but likely Greendale.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: