Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 20, 2024, 07:33:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P1-Mee Toh NO HOMEWORK ( a waste of time) choose other school  (Read 58239 times)
ljpflee

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »

a parent who has one child in Mee toh and another child in Edgefield advised me not to send my child to mee toh as there is no homework for her mee toh child but lots of homework for her edgefield child.

Can anyone esp children educators advise whether NO homework is NO GOOD ? Any Mee Toh parents please feedback.

Thanks

Advertisement

jo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:13 PM »

Hi,

I think no homework might not be no good cause the children may have done/finished all that are needed in the classroom hence no work is brought home--- esp so for P1 and P2 children.. their work is much easier
JH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »

Hi

I have a P1 child in Mee Toh School. My son will bring back homework once in a while if he can't finish it in school. To me it might be a good thing, I can get him to do the Assesment books I bought for him and revise his school work with him. I did feedback to the Form Teacher in one of the meet-the-parent session, she told me its because by the time they are back and have dinner, it would be bedtime soon and homework might be too tiring for both the child and a working mother.

From the feedback of some of my friends, nowadays the schools will try to make the kids do their work in class and bring back less homework.

JH
teabag

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:42 AM »

I agree with JH.

Having moderate amount of homework (keyword: MODERATE) might not be a bad idea because it allows you to revise your child's work with him. It also teaches him ownership and responsibility when he knows he has to complete his work before play or TV time.

Truly, which parent will not wonder if his child does not bring back anything to do from school, be it project or some Math sums? Aptly termed "parental involvement" or "parent-child-bonding", even preschools rope parents in these days with art & craft projects, surfing the net for resources, home-based reading activity, etc.

However, if your selection for primary school is solely based on "lots of homework", wouldn't it be too stressful for your child?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: