Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 25, 2024, 04:47:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting domestic helper for first time. Pls advise.  (Read 30813 times)
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 10:13:05 PM »

I've been thinking about getting maid for the past donkey years and now my eldest is 9 and youngest is 3 already. I have been "surviving" with the help of part-time maid, once a week, at one time 2x a week. My in-laws (not living with me) used to help with marketing until PP opens, then I do my own. Now hubby travels so often for work - away 2 weeks in a mth. Still considering getting maid but really unwilling to give up the privacy - don't even have room for maid if get one. What's your opinion of letting maid sleep in the living room? 5-rm flat is really small, already not enough room for 3 kids and study rm, how to let maid have 1 rm? I really would like to spend more time with the kids, reading to them, helping them with school work, just doing fun things together but I am always so busy with cooking and household chores. We are thinking of getting part-time to come in every day to relive me of cooking and chores and are willing to pay up to the cost of a maid or slightly more. Still considering, but also hard to get an affordable one and someone whom we can trust.
Anyway, thanks for all the tips and comments regarding hiring maid. Very useful.

Advertisement

wakkofc

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 01:45:39 AM »

before u hire a maid, need to attend a course online and since I took it quite recently, I rem that the notes said that we are not allowed to have the maid sleep in the living room. Actually the whole course is like really favouring the maid and pampering her..I feel lah..

Also say if you go to another house, the maid not supposed to do the household chores there...only supposed to do household chores in the address on her work permit...

I guess these are fine lines whether you want to ignore or not lor..but guess it is always better to protect ourselves by not giving them opportunities to tell on us..

So, better not let her stay in living room..

With 3 kids, I would have moved to a bigger unit alr..as punggol flats are small..
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 04:45:39 AM »

I do agree tat u ve very little personal time with children if u are a SAHM. Tat household chores are killing. Then u already survived so long w/o 1, and now ur eldest is already so grown up, u shd let hum/her share the chores to lesser ur load. My mom used to train me to do tat.
cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 08:28:46 AM »

I've been thinking about getting maid for the past donkey years and now my eldest is 9 and youngest is 3 already. I have been "surviving" with the help of part-time maid, once a week, at one time 2x a week. My in-laws (not living with me) used to help with marketing until PP opens, then I do my own. Now hubby travels so often for work - away 2 weeks in a mth. Still considering getting maid but really unwilling to give up the privacy - don't even have room for maid if get one. What's your opinion of letting maid sleep in the living room? 5-rm flat is really small, already not enough room for 3 kids and study rm, how to let maid have 1 rm? I really would like to spend more time with the kids, reading to them, helping them with school work, just doing fun things together but I am always so busy with cooking and household chores. We are thinking of getting part-time to come in every day to relive me of cooking and chores and are willing to pay up to the cost of a maid or slightly more. Still considering, but also hard to get an affordable one and someone whom we can trust.
Anyway, thanks for all the tips and comments regarding hiring maid. Very useful.

It's better to do without a maid, got more privacy. 5-rm flat is really small hard to accommodate more people. Looking at how some maids behave at the parks are really frightening. Yes, we should give them more freedom since they are adults but some of them just don't behave themselves. Behave like spoilt teenagers and sometimes their actions endanger both themselves and their young charges. I personally feel that surveillance is key to ensuring that our maids don't step beyond acceptable boundary, like getting themselves pregnant. 

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: