Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 03:08:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting domestic helper for first time. Pls advise.  (Read 30635 times)
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:06:54 AM »

mine filipino.sure request off day one since their community quite big in singapore.she also worked for about 10 years in singapore b4.

Sorry to comment. Do u find tat she is over experience in Singapore? I nvr employed a fili so i dunno wht to expect.

Advertisement

H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »

the item you stated to get for the maid seems like a long list. E.g 2 toothbrush? sanitary pads??is it really compulsory?

It depends on individual. All these items are like a welcome 'gift'. But if you are not comfortable with the sanitary pad thing, than allocate some money for her when you are out shopping, so she can pay. The pads are picked out by my wife, I am lost when it comes to these items. The only pad-like item, I am a expert in... is diapers.  Tongue

The list is so that, she would not turn around and complain at a later date that her life was miserable because employer didn't even provide the simple toiletries items. Or she was made to pay for it from her salary. Our law system here, does not take sides, it would be your words against her. Better safe than sorry.

Also let's be honest, which Singaporean works 16 hours per days for 365 days, just to bring home $350 per month. The day off is a basic human entitlement and reward.
hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 12:55:39 AM »

i am also thinking of employing a maid, tot abt it for some time already(1yr) but i always find that we will lose our privacy when there is another person around. i am a sahm, but that doesnt mean i dun need help. living in a flat wif small space means that we will have to sacrifice privacy. how do you guys do tat??? pls enlighten me
H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 01:04:07 AM »

It takes a bit of getting use to. Most maids would keep out of the way. Depending on your maid, if my wife and I need to have a private conversation, it is done in Mandarin. In time, it would not that uncomfortable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: