Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 11:53:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting domestic helper for first time. Pls advise.  (Read 30634 times)
Chilliqueen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 02:14:26 AM »

i am also thinking of employing a maid, tot abt it for some time already(1yr) but i always find that we will lose our privacy when there is another person around. i am a sahm, but that doesnt mean i dun need help. living in a flat wif small space means that we will have to sacrifice privacy. how do you guys do tat??? pls enlighten me
it is true tat wif a live in maid, u will hav to sacrifice yr privacy..but it oso depends on the maid herself..like my first maid v KPO..everything we say she will try to make it out herself wat is our conversation abt(even we speak in dialect/mandarin)..it really irritates us n she will "monitor" wat we r doing when we r at home  Angry
However, our 2nd maid is much better, she will not peep wat we r doing or try to hear wat we r talking abt..so it will all depends on the character of ur maid..  Smiley

Advertisement

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 09:11:25 AM »

i am also thinking of employing a maid, tot abt it for some time already(1yr) but i always find that we will lose our privacy when there is another person around. i am a sahm, but that doesnt mean i dun need help. living in a flat wif small space means that we will have to sacrifice privacy. how do you guys do tat??? pls enlighten me

U will lose ur privacy for sure but u will get used to it. U will love the extra help but u will tend to rely on her on most chores tat u cld ve done it urself b4 she came. And onces u are used to maid, u will continue employing becos u find tat it had evolved into a "NEED". Tis reliance will spread from urself to ur hubby to ur child. They will start expecting someone to wait on them on almost everything.

There are pros and cons to having a maid. U need to weight the odds. If I had a better choice of care giver for my child while I worked, I wldnt employ a maid. The extra 470 cld be used for my child's enrichment classes or savings for ourselves.
wakkofc

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 09:28:43 AM »

True..if I had a choice, I wouldnt employ a maid too. But i have to think of it cos I have to go back to work after my maternity and prob need help during my confinement and all. My in laws and parents are all not able to..

I told my husband that if simple things like washing our own dishes, we do lor..lest we become lazy which I do not want to . I want to improve for the better and not after hiring a maid, I become worse off...and just be a couch potato or useless being..

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 10:05:56 AM »

True..if I had a choice, I wouldnt employ a maid too. But i have to think of it cos I have to go back to work after my maternity and prob need help during my confinement and all. My in laws and parents are all not able to..

I told my husband that if simple things like washing our own dishes, we do lor..lest we become lazy which I do not want to . I want to improve for the better and not after hiring a maid, I become worse off...and just be a couch potato or useless being..

Trust me, u will not be a couch potato. Ur hb will. Men are lazy in nature. They are always more stressful at work than us. More tired than us. And they need more personal time than us. Hahahahahahahahah...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: