Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 16, 2024, 08:36:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting domestic helper for first time. Pls advise.  (Read 31168 times)
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 09:04:05 AM »

HI to all,

I would like to seek for yr advices. I intend of getting a new maid. There are a few queries that I need yr help with. Pls help me to answer them if possible or share yr thoughts. Tks

1. Are Fllipino maids better than Indo Maids?
- Depend on ur tolerances and ur needs. Personally I prefer indon becos they are easier to control. Some are more naive. Cant say the same abt the Filipinos. If you are putting them at home, it will be best to employ Indo with working experience. Do not employ fresh maid if there are no one to supervise them.

2. Single or married maids are better?
- Married with No children. Otherwise, those who are singles and are slightly older. The logic is the singles who remained singles are by choice. If they chose to work and earn more money, they will not be bothered with love affairs and etc. Though its not guaranteed but u can have at least 60% chances of lesser problems.

3. What abt single parent maids?
No comments but i really dun like tis type of pple becos they tend have very heavy emotional baggage.

4. For phone interview, what should I ask or don't ask?
Ask whatever u want. If u employ fili, make sure she really dun want off day when the agent said so. If u employ Indo, make sure she is aware tat she has to handle pets or pork and she got no off day. Wht the agent said is not true sometimes. They are made to agree to everything when they are in the agency there.

5. Anybody heard of used Loyal Employment Agency b4?
No.

6. What other agency would you recommed?
I recommend QUality at Hougang Green.

7. What can I ask for in a maid agency?
How many replacements? Can they refund u the loan if the maid does not finish the contract.

8. I do understand that maids are not allow to work in other house include our parents house. But what if I am putting my bb there most of the time and there are days that she will need to stay there too. Is she allow to work there?

Yes. But u muz let her noe b4 hand and she had agreed to it. The agent will make her sign an agreement letter.

Tks very much everyone

Advertisement

wakkofc

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 09:14:55 AM »

Well, i personally feel filipino maids are better. My friend's indo maids either kena caught sleeping or dishonest...and most maids that fall from flats are indonesians. That's what my maid told me. I just gotten a filipino one and she is really good. She has the heart to learn and to keep on improving. Very hardworking and honest. And since I cant speak bahasa, its good to get a filipino. And also I going to give birth soon...people say filipino can take care of newborn better...so yea lor, i rather pay slightly more for more reliable helper.

My friend got indo maids one after another cos all have the send back for a lot of reasons. So in the end, she spend more money than what I spend as I get one good reliable one.

I prefer single maids as they dun have homesickness so often, thinking of their children etc...more independent..and less worries.

anyway, before u hire maids, must be clear as to what you want your maid to be good in-what is her priority? TO take care of children? or must know how to cook and clean house?or take care of elderly? Then if its a good agency, they will look at your needs and get you a good one. My agency is very good and makes sure I get an experienced maid who knows how to take care of newborn and cook.

My maid now has had 10 years of experience in singapore with a previous employer and the prev employer used to have one 1 month old kid when the maid was employed and before she left the employer,10 years later, the prev employer got 4 kids already. So my maid has experience of taking care of 4 children. I feel so at ease with her now even though I had her for few days as she has been preparing me and my husband mentally about having a newborn and what to expect.

I really thank God for her...Smiley
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 10:05:39 AM »

Actually, whether Fili or Indo better depends on luck.  Mine is Indo and I got minimum complaints with mine as well.

Wakkofc, I can see tat u are very happy with ur maid. Really happy for you.
Btw, her the previous employer had kept her for 10yrs why did they let her go after tat?
edde

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 11:28:58 AM »

wakkofc, can rec yr agency ??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: