Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 07:23:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cord blood  (Read 10700 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 03:58:40 AM »

I've asked the staff to log into this forum and answer your questions. That will clear all the doubts. I think this is the best. She even wanted to meet you guys personally to explain more.

She told me that this is a complicated issue as chances of whether your cord is in "good condition", can match yours and whether the transplant will be successful before able to let you use back your own cord are all decided by the medical teams. And yes, foc if you bank it with Singapore cord bank.

However, there will be charges incurred should you have to use others. And that it takes S$26k ONLY, as compared to Int'l Cord (US31k, including transportation).

Ronald McD Children Charity, Singapore Cancer Children Foundation, etc will be helping to cover most of the operation cost.

Advertisement

nor

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 11:32:26 PM »

Mine very simple. I donated it to Singapore Cord Bank for two reasons:

- No money to maintain it yearly
- Good to help others

But should you have any complication/ stress during delivery, they will forego saving the cord because yours and baby's life is more important.

Hehe, I like the baby napkin very much. It says "A Life saver, that's me!" Good to perform good deeds before, during and after my baby is born. I even buried a stray cat when I was pregnant, despite my aunt warning me, saying that strays has a lot of bacteria, can harm your baby etc etc. As long as you maintain hygiene, can liaola.

I think you're right about donating, the nurse told me that if i donate alot of people can use it in future. You'll never know if you might just be the one using it. Guess i wasn't stable enough at that time to make decisions.

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 05:35:18 AM »

Actually, when I was waiting for my turn to see gynae, the staff frm Sg Cord Bank approach me, asked me whether I've ever heard of cord bank, and proceed to explain. I sign up on the spot.

Since I know that I doesn't have $ to maintain it, I'd better donate it rather than waste it.

Nor, you can even be an organ donor, whichever organ you want to choose to donate/ every parts. I've signed up few yrs ago. Don't worry too much of not having a "complete" body when you die, what's more important is when you die, you're still able to give back something to help others .. that is, if your organs are still in good condition.

To have a meaningful, selfless life when you are alive, and when you die, the body is no longer important. The key word here is to serve people. If everyone has this mindset, then no war, no conflict, no complain, etc .. haha wishful thinking. Some people will find it boring then. No obligation ya, just my thoughts.

Do you want me to ask the staff to call you for explanations so that you are more certain to donate it?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 05:38:14 AM by Vivien Wong » Logged

nor

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 12:42:42 AM »

Its ok vivien,

I manage to get some info from a book given to me by the hospital. And some other pamphlets given by the nurse. After some thinking, i guess i should have donated my baby cord blood to the hospital for future use. Ahhh what a waste....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: