Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 07:40:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cord blood  (Read 10658 times)
kool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 12:42:05 AM »

oh i did not know govt hospitals also can save cord blood for private use , when i went to sgh they gave me a brochure asking to donate and i had decided to donate , its better to give someone life than throw it away ,  but i understand once u donate it u have no right on it , if a need arises u have to buy it back thts what the lady told me in exhibition ,
in motherhood exhibition i came across cordlife - private cord blood bank , charging $1100 (promotion price usual price price is 1400) upfront plus 250 /year , she say recently one boy got transplant whole procedure cost $300,000 bought cord blood for $25,000 so its better to save it for ur family than donate.

then i search on net found another private cord blood bank stemcord also charging $1100 plus 250 /year

u mean to say govt hospital also have cord blood banking facility for private use?
coz once donated to public cord blood bank u have no access to it anymore.

Advertisement

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 01:11:08 AM »

Mine very simple. I donated it to Singapore Cord Bank for two reasons:

- No money to maintain it yearly
- Good to help others

But should you have any complication/ stress during delivery, they will forego saving the cord because yours and baby's life is more important.

Hehe, I like the baby napkin very much. It says "A Life saver, that's me!" Good to perform good deeds before, during and after my baby is born. I even buried a stray cat when I was pregnant, despite my aunt warning me, saying that strays has a lot of bacteria, can harm your baby etc etc. As long as you maintain hygiene, can liaola.

cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 04:06:03 AM »

u mean to say govt hospital also have cord blood banking facility for private use?
coz once donated to public cord blood bank u have no access to it anymore.

You can do private CCB in a public hospital. When you sign up with a private CBB, someone from there will come by during the delivery to collect the cordblood.

If you donate to public CBB, your gynae collect it for you if you deliver at a public hospital.

The payment part about using cordblood from public CBB is not something that I have heard of. Are you sure that lady furnished you the correct information. If I am not wrong, while you have no access to your own cordblood when need arises, they will

1. check if your own cordblood is still available since most samples are stored for research and emergency uses,

2. search for suitable matches for you at public CBB and private CBB. I think you have to pay the private CBB for the use of the cordblood. (You should not pay public CBB, probably a nominal fee for laboratory extraction and what have you. This is what I think and not so sure)

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 03:05:11 AM »

You may want to call 6394 5011 to find out more. I've just called them, and they mentioned that they won't know as all this administration, maintenance fees are quite a sensitive issue.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: