Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 10:28:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water filtration system for homes.Recommendations, reviews and comments welcome.  (Read 55670 times)
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »

Have decided on Elife, the guy coming down to instal on Wed. Am looking forward to it. Thanks for the info regarding AMC. Helps me to decide faster, anyway AMC got no stock.

Having said that, I love my AMC pots, bought only 1, 20cm shallow - use it almost everyday. Inherited the rest from my mum-in-law. My AMC lady is always trying to fix time to come my place to teach me new dishes. I've learnt the AMC Hainanese Chicken rice, char siew, pai kuk wong, fried rice, fried beehoon, fried noodles and even simple porridge taste very good with the pots, mainly because the the correct temp control. Even yummy beef stew need not stir constantly unlike other pots, just let to simmer for 3 hrs on the smallest fire. My hubby commented that my cooking has improved with the AMC pots.

Advertisement

cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2007, 12:44:30 AM »

yup, gotta live with it liao.. cos aledi bought.  agree with you, next time round i gotta get feedback before buying. Grin

Yes, we should always make the best out of everything, good or bad.  winked

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2007, 12:48:14 AM »

Have decided on Elife, the guy coming down to instal on Wed. Am looking forward to it. Thanks for the info regarding AMC. Helps me to decide faster, anyway AMC got no stock.

Having said that, I love my AMC pots, bought only 1, 20cm shallow - use it almost everyday. Inherited the rest from my mum-in-law. My AMC lady is always trying to fix time to come my place to teach me new dishes. I've learnt the AMC Hainanese Chicken rice, char siew, pai kuk wong, fried rice, fried beehoon, fried noodles and even simple porridge taste very good with the pots, mainly because the the correct temp control. Even yummy beef stew need not stir constantly unlike other pots, just let to simmer for 3 hrs on the smallest fire. My hubby commented that my cooking has improved with the AMC pots.

Hey, am excited for you too. But must warn you first, water will look greying initially. After a day it cleared up though.

My pots all kaputed on me. The caps on the covers are all broken (from mayer) and now left with screws only. So handling them is a hassle when they are hot.

Are AMC's pots lasting? What are they made of? Are they expensive?

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2007, 03:59:39 AM »

My pots all kaputed on me. The caps on the covers are all broken (from mayer) and now left with screws only. So handling them is a hassle when they are hot.

Are AMC's pots lasting? What are they made of? Are they expensive?

My AMC pots from my MIL are 17 yrs already, still working fine and I love them! When she first bought them at $2200, everyone in the family made noise that the pots were too expensive. She uses the pots for mainly boiling soup and cooking porridge but they are my lifeline - use them for anything and everything. The lady whom I got my one and only pot from - the 20cm shallow (my MIL can't give me that because it's used almost everyday), is very good - she enjoys cooking and I know she conducts cooking classes at her house every week. She is always asking me whether I want to learn new dishes.

The pots are made from quality stainless steel from Germany. Many of my friends bought the family set at about $2800 (I think), just nice for small family. The complete set for bigger family costs about $3k+.
I know they often have demo in PP, near the fruit stall - can try to get the schedule from the 1st fruit stall seller - usually on a Sunday morning till 12 noon. If you are really keen, I can give you her contact. Better still, if a few people interested, she can demo and cook something for you at your place.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: