Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 30, 2024, 11:14:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water filtration system for homes.Recommendations, reviews and comments welcome.  (Read 55527 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:51:21 AM »

There are many types of filters.

The first filter has to change every 3 mths
The 2nd filter 6 mths, 3rd filter 9 mths, something like that.

Advertisement

cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 04:40:55 AM »

However, the main contamination come from the piping that travelling from PUB water processing plant to household. Bacteria, organic, inorganic substance and dust particle goes into our cup. Chlorine is harmful to our body. Is good to have filtration for drinking but got to be watchout on several points 1)the maintanence cost 2)regular maintanence, if u don't, is worst than drinking directly fm tap, 3)what does the filter eliminate and lastly 4) what does the filter contain. Do more research before decide.

Sotong Ball and alaska, do you have any filter system for drinking? Care to recommend?

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
Sotong Ball

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 05:29:10 AM »

Carbon is used in commonly as one of the filter in market but after something, carbon will release back to water once it is exhausted. Yes, filter need to change regularly or else you will be drinking accumulated concentrated impurity from the filter. I am using Brita for drinking which I saw many ppl using it oversea but you still need to boil water and pour it into the Brita flask which contain a filter. There are also many other type in the market which is quite similar, just choose the one suite you. You may find more detail from their website www.brita.com. It is impossible for PUB to clean pipe.
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 06:16:35 AM »

Few of my aunts and granny's house are using Amway's, which I think is the most ex, whilst my mum's using Diamond. Personally, I will get a filter when I got my own house, tho water in Sg are safe for drinking but lots of chlorine in it.

I'm currently using a filter on the tap, at least safer for my baby.
Diamond - you have to wash the "tank" weekly/ when it gets dirty, depends on how regular you use it.

As for Amway's, no washing needed but when the "beeping" sound is heard, it's time to change the filter, and it cost few hundreds.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: