Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 05:14:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ERP helps more S'poreans to own cars: Minister  (Read 57766 times)
mio

mio @ punggol 21+

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »

Wat's the reason given when they want to implement erp system during 98?
Still remember?
Now wat reason given?
Made senses?
Firstly, tink spg got the highest vehicle ownership cost interms of,
car cost,
rd tax,
petrol tax(No subsidy but tax  thumbs up)
coe,
basically buy 1 car's paying for 3 cars's omv..
now erp.. for 10 yrs guantee income.. clapping
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:15:33 PM by mio » Logged

Advertisement

rxhxn

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2008, 03:27:30 PM »

Interesting...i think all knows that in future more erp will be in place if you look at the trend right now...sometimes its amusing to see or hear people complain about the charges as though it is a necessity of life to own a car..or is it?..is it really necessary to own a car in singapore since majority of car users would likely park their car in carparks, each single day seeing its value depreciates? well, for one, you can argue that its your car and you can do whatever you like with it. Of course you are right. So, if its your property, it will become  your responsibility to take care of it. If you can't maintained it, why own a car in the first place...and then you will question the alternative, public transport, is it really offer a choice for people to switch to? looking at peak periods, you won't be comfortable using one perhaps so this comes down to your comfort level, your mindset which is unwilling to compromise on your comfort. So more people want comfort and owns a car..thus the road become congested again..looking at the trend of public transport, bus arrival timing has been shortened and mrt too increased the trains movement...perhaps the excuse in a few years time down the road that public transport is not a choice mode will no longer be valid...something for us to ponder...
hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »

recently i took the decision to park my car at park and ride locations and take public to appts in town. my conclusion abt it is it has not changed any since i bought my car about 10 yrs ago

yes there may be improvement as hyped up so much from the govt influenced media but lets not forget the population has also grown significantly over the yrs so net outcome is public transport still sucks.

talking abt comfort level etc is really not the correct angle to approach this topic. the govt claim us to be a 1st world country and then expect everyone to forego equivalent standard of living? are we to pretend that we are in India and that it is perfectly all right to be squeezing into trains like sardine? what a joke

long wait for buses and overly packed trains are not excuses, they are definite reasons where LTA has screwed up regards the push for lessening car usage.

but then again LTA could just be screwing up on purpose since their ultimate aim in road pricing etc is to generate profit at the common people's expense. its acceptable the rich can save and be attracted to SG since they will only be stuffing the govt's coffers via other rich people activities

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »

MRT bound North - West line via City hall, somerset, orchard,...yishun is still as though we are in India.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: