Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 19, 2024, 01:51:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Construction of Primary School @ Bkl 172C, why can they work so late  (Read 34275 times)
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 10:46:32 PM »

hansolo76, it may be the contractors who are rushing the job. i think they had the lowest bid. you might blame whoever at MOE who set the deadline in the tender. you might blame the contractors for bidding for a job with a deadline which may be too short. you might blame the civil servants who responded the way they did, thinking that it sounds professional, and safe; i.e. they get to survive another day at work, and collect their pay cheque, and get their usual promotions, and performance bonuses.

but unless you have already feedback up to the Permanent Secretary of MOE, and then went on to the people who are appointed politically, i.e. the Ministers, it has nothing to do with the government.

do you really expect junior civil servants to stand up for you? or junior civil servants at another ministry, eg. NEA to intervene?

please talk to the MPs, or if you want to do it yourself,

Ms Chew is Development Executive, Devt & Special Projects

If Ms Chew cannot help you, talk to

Ms LEE Yoke Ling June  68796920 lee_yoke_ling@moe.gov.sg
  Head, Devt & Special Projects

If Ms Lee cannot help you, talk to

LAI Teh Kheong Andrew, 68796906, lai_teh_kheong@moe.gov.sg
     Assistant Director (Development) of PROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT BRANCH
     which oversees the Devt & Special Projects

If Mr Lai cannot help you, talk to

ENG Wee Tong, PPA(G), 68796908       eng_wee_tong@moe.gov.sg
        Deputy Director, PROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT BRANCH

If Mr Eng cannot help you, talk to

LG (NS) LIM Chuan Poh, 68796010       lim_chuan_poh@moe.gov.sg
           Permanent Secretary, MOE

when you have exhausted the possibilities, and want to carry on further, check with a lawyer
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 11:04:51 PM by limweech » Logged

Advertisement

d69

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 11:04:49 PM »

They are still working that late, and furthermore, are working on sat and sun mornings. How I know? I got woken up by them in the morning LOL

hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 01:48:14 AM »

limweech, i have already sent in a 3rd complaint and cc to the MPs in this ward. in fact i have indicated if chew is powerless to help, at least point me to the right person to resolve this issue. your reply has saved me alot of chasing ard with inefficient red tape though. if theres no improvement, the next feedback will go right to this perm secretary lim

i disagree though this issue has nothing to do with the government. MOE is a stat board and functions to the rules and practices set by the government. when we see cockups in the managing of the country be it in education or otherwise, you have to question who put the incompetent fools in charge in the 1st place

d69, yeah i have been woken up every single sat and sun too for the past few mths and enough is enough

ps i wonder if the contractors are flouting labour laws by working the banglas so long and hard.. talk abt dbl standards jeez
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »

I think it's the integrity of the contractors
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: