Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 08, 2024, 07:00:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Construction of Primary School @ Bkl 172C, why can they work so late  (Read 34155 times)
hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 07:55:18 AM »

i will keep an eye on them and see when they will end their work tonite... i can see everything, workers walking or sitting around....shld have known better then to buy my flat opp an empty land...sigh...

Advertisement

hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 09:09:24 AM »

ok ...tonite the noise stopped at abt 9.15pm....now 10.08pm the bright lights are still on...they must know we were talking abt them...sigh
jaymee

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 11:58:01 AM »

i think you can report to the police and the construction company will get fine.
will try n find out that law act and post here. stay tune. i moved from jurong to here because i couldn't stand the noise there.
hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 10:07:33 AM »

finally i see some reaction to the dumb construction to push me to register in order to chip in. i have been having issues with the dumb pri sch construction since day 1 and have acted by writing a complaint to the town council. they then told me the matter belongs to MOE and forwarded the issue to them. below is the reply dated 27th sept 06

Dear Mr Jonathan Koh

Thank you for your feedback on Mr. Chris Loo's concerns with regard to construction hours, noise and pollution from vehicles at our school construction site at Edgedale Plains. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

MOE is currently constructing a new primary school on the said site. It will be completed in end 2007 and operational in Jan 2008. Mr. Loo's concerns are addressed as follows:

1.    Noise levels & Works on Saturday and Sunday - MOE follows the allowable noise levels imposed by National Environment Agency (NEA) and Contractors are allowed to work from 7am to 7pm.We have reminded the contractor to keep strictly within the allowable working hours, noise level limits set by authorities and to stop all noisy works by 7pm. No noisy works will be done on Sundays and Public Holidays.

2.    Exhaust fumes - The exhaust fumes are caused by the generator for the Vibro machine (for vibrating the concrete). The generator is needed as the piling work progresses. Currently the contractor is carrying out the piling works for the new school's Multi Purpose Hall & Electrical Substation next to the HDB blocks. They will complete the piling for these two blocks in another two weeks. The contractor has been requested to screen off the fumes.

Please do not hesitate to contact our project manager - Mr. Seow Swee Khoon at tel. no. 6225 3933 should you have further enquiries during the construction of the new school, or the main contractor's project manager - Mr. Vincent Ong at 98194146 should you require assistance on site.

Thank you

Best Regards
Chew Sor Hoon
Ministry of Education
for PERMANENT SECRETARY (EDUCATION)

subsequently they improved for less than 1 week and then become worst with works till 11pm and lagi worst creating a din on sunday mornings. i shot another complaint earlier this yr but tis time i didn even get a reply and as all can see, no diff in dumb construction. my next move when the patience snap will be to shoot the complain to all the MP in this ward, MOE chief and police. even if nothing gets changed, i will be appeased to see this chew fellow get screwed at work. damn ya ya the tone in the above reply

to all who wish to make a difference, file ur complains and if dialect is good, call up and screw them upside down. 1 of tis day i plan to make prints of the reply and pass to all my neighbours facing the sch. im sure everyone is damn pissed like me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: