Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 10:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cord blood  (Read 10660 times)
cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 07:02:53 AM »

oh ic. do they do some funny things wif those placenta that we dun want huh? or did i watch too much movie head banging

I understood from my gynae that the placenta are burnt was biowaste.  So you have to indicate if you want your placenta after the birth.  The muslims bury them, I think. For people like Cassandra See (the actress), she baked it, pounded into powder and consumed them. Yikes to me!

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.

Advertisement

elmo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 11:40:22 AM »

Stacy, no lah... for Singapore hospitals, they don't use it. they really discard it away like what cajohoney said. for other countries, i am not too sure.

Alaska, the cord blood is the blood that is in the umbilical cord. once the baby is born and the cord is cut, the blood needs to be extracted almost immediately into a sterilized storage bag (like those blood donation bags). so while lying on the delivery bed, you get to see the gynea does that. if u did not opt for cord blood donation or even private storage, there is NO way the gynea is allowed to take this blood, in Singapore. so they can't export out to china without your consent.

if your gynea is in KKH, they will give u a leaflet on cord blood donation. sometimes, the SCBB people walks around the waiting area and share with pregnant mummies on that too coz the office is at KKH if i am not wrong. other hospital, i am not sure if they have SCBB people around. 
Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 09:17:18 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation! So scary to think that pple eat their own placenta alth i heard so much of the benefits.
Anyone tried or dare to try?
nor

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 12:11:25 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation! So scary to think that pple eat their own placenta alth i heard so much of the benefits.
Anyone tried or dare to try?

not me.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: