Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 02, 2024, 04:44:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese For K1  (Read 17644 times)
hurricane

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:17:44 PM »

hi parents out there,
anyone wif 5yr olds that hate taking chinese lessons??? My boy is having problems wif that. Every Friday, he has chinese spelling and he always tries to get away from going to school becos of that. I dun put any stress on him, but if he keeps getting wrongs and his school mates get right, i guess he feels a bit inferior. My Chinese is not that good either, simple ones i still can handle heehee....

but i look at the list and shake my head. they are expected to write national day, teacher's day in chinese!!!i dun remember learning those words at such a young age.

My hubby is from new zealand, ya,  ang moh, so my son is half ang moh. Sigh, he came back from school one day and decided that he doesn't want to learn chinese cos he is not chinese!!! Not sure when he gets that from.

How can I encourange him to like chinese??? I dun want to stress him by sending him to extra classes.....or should I???

Advertisement

yellowbeetle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:04 PM »

Hi Hurricane my son also 5 yr old. Am thinking of sending him for a Chinese enrichment class to expose him more to the language. It will not be stressful for him if it is done in a fun way,ie, with activities. Yes have heard that  lots of children not coping well in Chinese in pri school so i believe it is important to build a strong foundation when young. I am making efforts to read more Chinese books to him and also to speak mandarin more to him.
hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:36:28 PM »

hi,
i have tried speaking to him in mandarin and so has my dad, but he refused to acknowledge us. He understands what we said , sometimes he will nod or shake his head, but he refused to answer us or he will do so in english. When i bought him chinese books, he threw them aside and told me not to buy chinese books again cos he will not read or do them....sigh.....i think if i send him to classes, he will hate me even more hahaha...but where do they conduct classes that will encourage them to like chinese?Huh?
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:30 PM »

my friend sent her son to Berries. According to her, the son from dislike to love chinese now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: