Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 08:07:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Nanny Experience  (Read 17350 times)
Bubblegum

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:15:41 AM »

Hi Punggol parents, I just want to share my very bad experience with a nanny from Punggol.

I found a nanny when my baby girl was 4 months old, and left her with the nanny till she was almost 10 months old, then had to withdraw her eventually. At the beginning, nanny said that when baby turns 6 months old, there will be an increase of $50 so that she could buy ingredients for porridge meals. But my nanny charges $65 cos she claimed that she feeds good food like fish, etc. So, we paid her the additional $65, on top of the original price of $600. When my girl turned 6 months and started porridge, I found out that nanny only feeds her one porridge meal everyday. She said that babies can only take two porridge meals after 9 months. I believed her cos she is an experienced nanny, altho some of my colleagues' babies started with 2 porridge meals from 6 months onwards. When my baby turned 9months+, I assumed that she was already on 2 porridge meals, till I found out from nanny one day that she was still on one meal. Baby seemd to have lost weight so I asked nanny why she is not feeding her two meals. Nanny said my baby can't eat much, only 5 mouthfuls at most, so she didn't feed her a 2nd porridge meal. Afterthat, nanny asked for price increase of another $65 for the 2nd meal. I was shocked cos' I thought my $65 already covered 2 meals.

Worrying that my baby will not have enough nutrition, and that my nanny is really too calculative abt money, at the expense of my baby's health, I decided to switch nanny. I put up notices and nanny saw it although it was not near her block. She confronted me and said she was 'diasppointed' with me. Said how could I 'secretly' try to find another nanny. I told her I didn't think it was justifiable to just keep increasing the price with every meal she feeds baby. I told her that I planned to give her a week's notice of termination, and let her keep the rest of the month's pay. She agreed and said if the new nanny doesn't turn out well, she was willing to continue taking care of my baby till we find another one.

Two days later, she called me and said she will stop taking care of my baby the following week, so the remaining two weeks' pay will be treated as compensation to her. I asked her why the change in mind, she said I was the one who didn't want her, and she screamed into the phone, got very hysterical. After discussing with my husband, we were worried leaving our child with her, and had no choice but to pull out my baby from her the next day. She got away just like that with a full month's pay with only working for about 1+ week.    

This nanny lives in ***+ block. Anyone looking for a nanny in that area can pm me for details.

The good news is that my baby girl is now with a new nanny who feeds her two porridge meals, and before even one month is up with the new nanny, she has put on weight.    clapping  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:39:07 AM by Admin, Reason: blk/unit removed » Logged

Advertisement

minigrace

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:04:56 PM »

Hi
 Really thank you for the infomation. I am also looking for a nanny around the area and have known that blk **+ got nanny available. I need to change my mind.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:40:03 AM by Admin, Reason: blk/unit removed » Logged
graceapple

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »

Hi Bubblegum,
Your nanny sounds like my son previous nanny. Insist on addition charges for porridge...

My previous nanny stays at blk **** lower floor. I think we just need to let people know the exact block inorder to avoid innocent parents get cheated and worse baby send to them for babysitting. Who noes what they do to your baby...

My son previously have cuts, blue black at the groin area and that nanny keep saying my son snatch things from her(that results cuts) or she grab him abit hard during bath time to prevent him falling that is why there are bruises... and some more blame me for bring things over that causes him to hurt himself.. (damm angry on this) and i am paying her $600 for two meals..but we keep seeing her feeding my son rice cereals even when he is 10mths old so we reminded her the extra $50 is actually for my son meals but she insisted it was her increment (from $550) and she wants us to pay her $50 on top of $600 for meals and worse we discovered she smokes but she just refuse to admit.....

After i changed nanny, there is no more bruise and my boy is growing well with two meals taken daily.

I really regretted sending my son to this previous nanny... deep down in my heart i always have guilt that my son is ill treated by her... and i cannot forgive myself on this even now.....

Can you help to advise which block your nanny is staying?

Parents pls be aware and careful in your selection of nanny in this area...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:41:53 AM by Admin, Reason: blk/unit removed » Logged
Bubblegum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

Hi mini grace & grace apple,

Thanks for your replies. It's so scary to know that there are so many bad nannies around our area.
Btw, my ex-nanny stays at Blk ****.  

Finding a nanny is really stressful. What I resent most is the fact that I had to put my baby through the transition to a new nanny when she is already 10 mths old. It wasn't easy.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:42:10 AM by Admin, Reason: blk/unit removed » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: