Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 11:41:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Nanny Experience  (Read 17354 times)
Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »

Thanks for sharing, ladies.  Hope it benefits everyone who's looking for nanny.

Advertisement

yvonne_ktw

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 01:23:29 AM »

Hi All,

It's really a great help to read all these posting. At least when we're looking for nanny we can be more careful because it's home alone thing and no body to see what they are doing....
lou

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »

Just want to share my bad experience with a nanny i used to employed years back at block ***, a madam Lee with three girls. Back in 2005 her youngest was primary 1. I was taking LRT to work when i saw her jay walking across the street with her p1 girl and my baby and pram was no where to be seen. She was obviously sending her girl to school and left my baby in the play pen (God knows if her husband is at home or not helping or not and all her girls in morning school. ). I fought back my tears and anger and worries and in confusion i went to work and spent whole day crying and comforted by colleagues worrying if she has every time left my child alone in the playpen. i was trapped. I do not have parental or any help.  i sent my child to her bec i withdraw my baby from childcare when he is 8 months old ( due to often falling sick and exhausted my leave to take care of my baby when he got fever). So i couldn't confront her as even if i resign i need to give a month's notice. i merely asked her if she send her girl to school that day and she denied! Few days later i saw she did it again. This time i told her if she needs to send her girl then just bring my baby along and she denied sending her girl again. In the end i applied for no pay leave and gave her a month's notice. And she actually found another assignment and asked for early release!

Years later whenever i met her (alone without a baby) at ntuc at punggol plaza (today again at 8.30am) or prime opposite her flat i wonder did she left the baby girl at home alone again in the playpen? bec the last time i saw her (year 2009) picking up a baby girl less than 18 months( from the baby's daddy's car at her flat at 7.30-7.45am). Poor girl and poor parents. We had placed our trust in her. i treated her well, presents for her girls, red packets for her girls, mooncake, chinese new year goodies and cakes occasionally when i buying one for myself after work, paid leave when she goes tour when she gave me short notice suddenly, paid sick leave and yet she lied to me and abuse my trust.
There are also one time i saw her with heavy make up with the baby girl in pram with no bags etc and she heading to LRT. I wonder she informed her parents where she's bringing the baby. bec at my time she told me she doesn't go out. Reason why i pick her as my nanny then.

Actually many issues i turn blind eye (wash baby clothes myself as she do not do baby laundry, buy and bring fish or meat everyday for baby's porridge as she do not buy meat too. The portion of fish she claimed my boy can take was three quarter my palm sized a meal mening two such pieces everyday for a not even 8 to 17 months old baby, i wonder did she feed it to him or her daughters? bring my own apples to inist she feed him fruits after meal as she does not provide etc etc etc)  But this issue of leaving baby at home really upset me till today and also the memory of her packing my baby's stuff in less than 10 mins and never say goodbye or hug him when i told her today i release her.......Hope this will alert parents if they are looking for a nanny in Punggol.......and if her daughters or husband is reading this, please talk to her to be nicer to the baby and the parents who placed their trust in her otherwise advise her she is not cut out to be a nanny and there are other ways to earn the 600 bucks than this inhumane way.......

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:43:07 AM by Admin, Reason: blk/unit removed » Logged
Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »

Hi Lou,

Thanks for sharing.  Reading your post is really heartbreaking.  Glad, the worst is over for you.  I hope that any parents looking for nanny to be very careful and any one sincerely have good recommendations to share it with parents over here.

Just to share that a year ago, I moved from Tampines to Punggol.  I had a wonderful nanny who took care of my child.  Although it was quite troublesome to drive up and down, I didn't give her up until my kid turn 18 months.  It was tough but worth it as I found someone whom really love my kid and take good care of him.  We still keep in touch and if you are interested, I could check if she will be available anytime soon.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: