Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 12, 2024, 02:37:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Mummies to be here?!  (Read 17852 times)
Mel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 11:16:26 PM »

Woah!  Vivien!  That was a really long and informative reply you sent Smiley  Its so nice knowing there are so many moms-to-be in Punggol.  I myself am gg thru my 1st pregnancy..I'm now 17 weeks pregnant Smiley

Had  really tough 1st trimester..so far. I've already been on m.c for 20days!  Not forgetting all the urgent leave that I've taken...gosh!  TIll now, I still get the dizziness and vomitting...I really hope this does not go on for the rest of my pregnancy...

So what are your plans for confinement? I'm in an inter-racial marriage...so eventhough my in law will be coming to stay with me, I'm thinking of hiring a confinement nanny to cook for me etc..any recommendations?  Do confinement nannies stay in the house with me for the whole month or do they actually go home?  What do they usually do besides from cooking my meals?

Advertisement

June Mum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 11:34:33 PM »

Congratulations to all mummies to be...  clapping

By the way, I have got some notes on baby massage which I had obtained from TMC when I brought my girl there few months ago.  If you are interested, maybe you can send me your email address and I will email you.

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 12:05:56 AM »

I had a friend who has bleeding for her 1st trimester, had to take a month's mc for that. She must lie down at home at all times, and this happened for her 2nd baby too. Vomitting day and evening time, and she has really bad temper. I advise her to take some fruits, she did and it gets better. Maybe you can try that too, Mel.

For me, I was breathless, dizziness, no appetite and no strength during 1st trimester. Other than that, I'm fine. Thank God that I didn't have to vomit at all. I heard that if you are having baby girl, your face will looks different after you gave birth and you tend to vomit. Read it in a pregnancy book. The author and her gfs has similar symptom.

However, I do not believe in water retention on your hands/ legs. I drank LOTS of water, and my legs did not have any swelling at all. Maybe I walk a lot? I don't know.

As for stretch marks, if your mum doesn't has it when she was pregnant, chances of you having it is slim too.

Just some info I'm sharing.

kool

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 03:07:46 AM »

thanks all for sharing information and experience, it helps lots especialy first timers. for me luckily i didnt have any extreme symptoms , no vomit, no morning sickness, only sometimes i didnt like the smel of some foods, dizzines also only sometimes lasts few seconds, but i slept a lot during 1st trimester , felt exhausted all the time like no energy .
2nd trimester also no major symptoms except once u start on iron tablets u get constipation problem which can be bad, so i try to eat more fruits n salad.
n recently i started using stretch mark cream ,at times when stomach skin feels stretched it  feel itchy , cream makes the skin soft n no itchy.

since i wud be delivering in sgh , i am joining antenatal classes there starting next week, lets c how it goes,

when i registered for the class they gave me a book guide for healthy pregnancy , in tht i came across 4 methods of pain relief not sure which one to choose which have least side effects.

1. injection of pain reliving drug like pethidine
2. inhalation entonox thru  a mask
3. epidural
4 transscutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
   this is drug free method , small device attached to ur back to reduce pain

ps share ur experience if any1 has used any of this methods

during confinement period , i have not decided wht to do i have no clue regarding confinement nannies , how much they charge , where to find , can the hospitals arrange ? do they stay at home or come for few hours?
is it better to get a ful time maid or confinement nanny?  Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: