Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 12, 2024, 02:42:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Mummies to be here?!  (Read 17853 times)
umera

Meowwwww.....

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 03:27:44 AM »

Hi, I am 8.5 weeks pregnant  blushing This is my frist pregnancy.

Advertisement

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 03:33:18 AM »

what kinda cot to buy ?
Best if you can buy a rather large baby cot, if it can be fit into ur rm/ other rm if you intend to let your baby have his/ her own rm. My baby can use this cot until he's 6 yrs old. A 2nd hand cot.

when shud u start buying baby stuff ?
You can start buying for baby soup, etc when you are in your 7th mth. But for me, I shop for stuff when I was in my 8th mth. Hehe didn't worry that I may deliver early. Told my baby not to Tongue He landed in this 2 days before my expected date, and it happened also because of incision!

If possible, get 2nd hand clothes. They are more comfortable to wear, and baby grow very fast. The label behind the clothes won't cause itchyness to you baby too since they are 2nd hand clothes.

where is the best place to buy?
Neigbourhood shop's price is somewhat cheaper, as compared to Kiddy Palace. You may go window shopping at NTUC, Kiddy Palace, etc to compare the price and expose yourself more with differ brands

is it ok to use epidural for pain relief ?
My advise is if you can tahan, DON'T. One chinese friend of mine can really tahan, and when it's time for her to push, one push out comes the baby. The next day, she can jump, even run! No kidding about that!
She discourages me to take epidural but I can't stand the contraction, esp when it was performed on me for surgical incision, back pain, both legs numb during my normal delivery (which was unusual), and both legs "paralysed" for 1 day, 1 night after the delivery.

Nowadays, having back pain

Below is my story

I myself had epidural and nowadays, my back is causing me pain every now and then more frequently. I do have history of back and shoulder pain.

After I gave birth, I have headache, both legs were numb (and the anaesthetian was shocked as the level of numbness for both legs were differ!) and I vomitted.

My legs were "paralysed" for 1 1/2 days, but my headache won't go until the 5th day. Even when I was discharged (because I told them that I hope to go home), the Senior Anesthetian asked me to called her directly at any time should I feel unwell, since they poke me twice as the first time I jerked a bit due to the pain caused by contraction.

They did thought of operating me to use some of my blood to patch up the mispoke's hole (1st time when they have failed) as they worried that they poked deep a bit and touches the nerves that connect to my brain.

However, they do not want to put me at risk and since they mentioned that the level of epidural given to me that time was very low, they discharged me and see how it goes.

The side effect varies for differ people. Some may have headache, others back pain. There's more, but I can't remember.

I'm not someone who can tolerate pain. However, one of my friend endure the pain for both her children and when it was time to deliver, it was very fast. One push and out came her son/ daughter.

The next day, she can even jump and walk like normal people. I do not know whether it was her health/ because she does not have epidural.

Whatever it is, signing the epidural form authorises the anesthetian to perform the epidural to you with NO responsibilities being held. That is to say, should anything happened to you, it is not their responsibility as they are only "agak-agak" while performing it, since the hole is so small to do the injection/ push in the wire (can't remeber liao whether it is the injection/ wire cos can't c also). Remember. It was done on your spine, back bone.

I also heard from this friend's friend that after epidural, she is mad. Don't ask me for long story. I only know that after her delivery, she have to go for constant check up. My guess would be the anesthetian pricked her and causes damage to her brain.

My advise is if you can endure, try to. Once you can't, ask for epidural. Don't need to be afraid to ask for it before you can experienced any pain. When it comes, you'll know.

Best wishes for your baby's landing!

Lastly, don't buy too much unnecesary things. Chances are, you will end up having too many things. Forget about those soap/ tablet for your baby's bottles, etc etc. Basic things can liao. The more particular you are, chances are your baby having more problem. My personal experience, and those of my aunts (6 of them).

Don't think and stress yourself too much. That was my first pregnancy too, all goes well. Smiley

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 04:27:35 AM »

kool and wakkofc and Umera will be giving birth on the same month? CONGRATULATIONS! Good....support our country's Babies agony.
umera

Meowwwww.....

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »

kool and wakkofc and Umera will be giving birth on the same month? CONGRATULATIONS! Good....support our country's Babies agony.

Mine roughly will be around 4 or 5 nov...but some friends said might be 1 to 2 weeks earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: