Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 02:07:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Singaporeans now lack of basic courtesy, Agree?  (Read 21742 times)
Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2007, 08:57:02 PM »

ya. we should just do our little part, demostrate alittle thoughtfulness to others and our kids will benefit a great deal.

Advertisement

Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2007, 11:39:22 PM »

Not a fat cow. Just trying to spend time with my family and live in relative harmony with everyone else and hv enuf to hv a comfortable life...

Tax for pensions? I've studied in Australia for a couple of years and the pension system or welfare (tied together) really cause loads of problems. Ppl r not motivate to work as much... Plus, they r rude cos they think u owe it to them to give them a pension.

We don't hv to live like a third world country, but by the fact that we can hv this conversation on a forum such as this speaks for the fact that we're not living in the third world.

Re your analogy, does "im going to barge/shove/stomp over other cows and get there 1st" reflect the attitude that it is ok to be rude? Think it really it boils down to the attitude of the individual cow. Sooner or later, the cow that gets there by pushing others ard will get to the slaughter house first, or stomped on by the other cows. Being competitive with other cows is just an individual effort...

I think many ppl hv bad driving habits nowadays. They cut lanes and speed past one another. At the end of the day, you will get to your destination, so lighten up and give way... We will all get there eventually... smile

i agree taxes are inevitable but other govt dun give excuses for their high taxes while giving returns to the people in other ways eg pension etc

agree also we have ultimate ctrl over our spending but are u suggesting we live our lives like the people of 3rd world countries? make no mistake i dun splurge on holidays etc and watever luxury i can afford is but a way to keep me sane living in this crazy country.

definitely there is no policy tat directly cause rudeness but then PAP is not tat stupid to pass such laws. the point im making along with some contributers of this thread is the culture and environment the govt has sculpted in sg promotes survival of the fittest where he who has more money, has the most secure future for him and he's descendants.

an analogy i always compare to.. we are all dairy cows.. our owners (the govt) rears us for the pure reason of milking us everyday. so we all have to work hard and fatten up so that we have enough to be milked and still have some left over to feed our calfs. if that crop of grass is good and help milk production, im going to barge/shove/stomp over other cows and get there 1st. perhaps i will consider courtesy when i had enough. for sure i wont think badly of my owners when i got more than enough to be milked.

perhaps u are a fat cow thats why ur speaking for the govt  Tongue

I smell the roses everyday. Every govt taxes but you hv ultimate control over your own wallet and the life you want to live... Do you really believe that govt policy dictates how courteous you are or how rude every citizen is? Think you give them too much credit... I think courtesy is a personal decision. No one can take it away from you.

i suppose u have been living in another sg but halo.. we are already controlled that much and have been so for the past 40 yrs. evidence of my words would be the best example of how the government controls which is through your wallet.

if its 1 individual's selfish action then i concede but we have 2 whole generation of citizen who lack basic courtesy. coincidence? i think not. wake up and smell the roses dude

this is the price to pay for the government we choose to elect. the motto of each for their own self is wat is needed to garantuee ur own interest and surivival in this cut throat country

im as pissed with this lack of basic courtesy and care for fellow human beings but 100 yrs of courtesy campaign wont make a difference until this government is overhauled and at least 10 yrs of better laws can anything change

Not that I am very pro gahmen, but why blame them for an individual person's own selfish actions? Do you really want them to control you so much that you must be courteious and polite?
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2007, 11:44:06 PM »

Not only Singaporeans lah. Everybody in the whole world is getting out of control. Also every cows in the whole world are getting out of control too.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: