Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 01:21:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Singaporeans now lack of basic courtesy, Agree?  (Read 21741 times)
Stacy

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2007, 10:06:14 PM »

Not sure if i'm the unfortunate one or does anyone agree that nowadays S'poreans are not as polite and giving anymore?

Take for eg:

1. Giving up of seats for elderly and needy like pregnant woman
When i was pregnant wif my first boy, only on 2 occasions did someone gave up a seat for me. And both were women. Those men just pretend to be sleeping (i'm not lying). And my fren who came back from France also faced the same problem, and worst, the men were rushing to get the seat even when it's obvious that she was going to sit on it!!

2. When someone bump into you, hardly do u hear them say "sorry" anymore. Or do they think that they're not at fault?

3. I've given up seat for some needy before and they don't even say a "thank you"
I've experienced giving up my seat for a pregnant woman before and instead of saying "thank you", she stared at me from head to toes!!

Advertisement

scubaparents

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:48:17 PM »

Stacy, agreed totally - spot on, manners can also come in the form of how you behave in forums like this. Glad you mentioned basic courtesy, yes, we must work on reminding one another basic courtesy.
hansolo76

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 11:24:31 PM »

this is the price to pay for the government we choose to elect. the motto of each for their own self is wat is needed to garantuee ur own interest and surivival in this cut throat country

im as pissed with this lack of basic courtesy and care for fellow human beings but 100 yrs of courtesy campaign wont make a difference until this government is overhauled and at least 10 yrs of better laws can anything change
Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 11:31:36 PM »

are we so money driven that now, we only contribute $ to sharity to show as if we "care" but in our daily live we just dun give a damn? i remembered we use to have the courtesy campaign when we're in primary school, but i didnt see any of thse campaign anymore. is our govt not emphasising on them anymore?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: