Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 05:44:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Singaporeans now lack of basic courtesy, Agree?  (Read 21737 times)
jeffire

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 01:39:35 AM »

i think it's cos of family upbringing....

i work in the library. one thing that pisses me is the addressing of people. here's a fictional situation:

me: good afternoon, how can i help you?
child: *puts card on table and don't says anything* (they wan to get a stamp for every 4 bks borrowed)
mom: dear, ask the uncle to help u stamp
child: *remains shy, silent*
mom: sorry, can u help her chop her card?
me: .....

well, i dun think i look very uncle..... haha. okie that's debatable but well there are so many nicer names they can call. plus, why dun they teach their children to say thank you etc? the kid is shy yes, but u still can teach basic manners..

in taiwan the people sure know how to make u happier by addressing u appropriately... heh.

Advertisement

tom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 03:27:22 AM »

Stacy.....I totally agree with you a 100 %.  This is what we use to see, day in and day out, in our trains and buses.

Huh? when someone bump on us, worse they look at us and  produced a loud and piercing ' mating lizard sound ' . Have you ever experienced this before ?. It's real disgusting.

Giving up our seat for a pregnant lady and she stared at you from head to toe. I experienced a few times. The lady thought, we are trying to be funny with her. Sad

When we give up our seat for an elderly lady, an able office worker with a tie and briefcase, rush in to sit on it and continue to read his book as though nothing had happen.  Shocked

Probably, the Govt. with the SMRT should organise some campaign to educate the general public from time to time.
jeffire

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 12:03:17 PM »

hmm, mabbe if bus/mrt companies din care so much about profiting, they could have more buses running around, or more routes or more seats on a bus so that more can sit down...

then we wouldn;t have the trouble of snatching seats, etc.

i think the govt shud encourage more people/companies to work from home/allow tele-commuting, then maybe can reduce travelling, jams, people jostling in town, etc.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 05:15:28 PM »

I remember there was a lion mascot who was responsible for mannerism? Looks like no more.

as living standard is higher, may be all these will compromise. Time is Money.

Saying 'sorry' takes 2 seconds......and 2 secs will miss MRT or LRT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: