Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 06:41:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Singaporeans now lack of basic courtesy, Agree?  (Read 21746 times)
Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »

campaign is to serve as a "reminder" to the citizens. all of us need to be told and reminded sometimes!

anyway, i tink students seems to be more polite. there's once when me & hubby were at novena and the escalator broke down and my hubby had to carry the pram (wif sleeping child) up the flight of stairs. and these 3 youngsters actually offered to help my hubby.

on the other hand, the working adults seems to be more selfish. not giving up seats to needy and worst even pretend to be sleeping when it's obvious tat they can just extend their little help to others.

Advertisement

Sotong Ball

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »

Something we hv to look things at different angle and give benefit of doubt to others. I once made a remark on a boy age ard 5 that is shameful to see him still sitting on pram. Later I realise I had a colleague whose son at 6 yrs old still unable to walk and depending on pram. I once staring angrily on a teenage boy that behave very retardedly at food court and I saw in a news that a mother was crying that his son was caught and jailed for stealing (take without paying) but actually his son has very low IQ and he looks perfectly normal from appearance. I once horning at an old man riding a very old motorcycle at 40km/hr on ECP, my friend sat beside me said that if that old man has a choice, he would want to drive big car. Today, I saw a man at ard 50 was crippling his way to sit down in the train at Harbourfront. If a pregnant woman stand in front of him...I am sure he will immediately becomes a public enemy.
Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 08:44:03 PM »

i know wat u mean. by on the mrt, there's MORE than just than few people. it only takes 1 kind soul to make another person's day.
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »

campaign is to serve as a "reminder" to the citizens. all of us need to be told and reminded sometimes!

anyway, i tink students seems to be more polite. there's once when me & hubby were at novena and the escalator broke down and my hubby had to carry the pram (wif sleeping child) up the flight of stairs. and these 3 youngsters actually offered to help my hubby.

on the other hand, the working adults seems to be more selfish. not giving up seats to needy and worst even pretend to be sleeping when it's obvious tat they can just extend their little help to others.

Yes, agree with you, school boys are rather helpful. Hope it serves as a reminder for me to teach my boy to be a good citizen. Good education and upbringing comes from home.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: