Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 14, 2024, 10:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the typical monthly expenses for a Sinkie?  (Read 17475 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 12:34:43 AM »

some mothers just accept whatever money the children give never mind.

Unlike my husband's mother, on the dot every that date of the month demands money. Years back when he was out of job, can't give right . After got the job, demands the last 3 mths that never gave.
Everything also $$ in her eyes as though can bring to her coffin.

Advertisement

Edelweiss

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 12:59:46 AM »

Oh, my friend's mother is even more $$ faced.  She sold her flat to my friend after he got married, for a tidy profit of more than $400k and guess what?  She had the cheek to ask him to repay her the gas deposit of less than a hundred dollars. She said that she would have asked for even more for the flat but decided not to and this "deficit" is supposedly part of her wedding gift for him! Some parents...tsk..tsk..
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 01:07:44 AM »

Sometimes, can't blame the parents. Some knows that relying on $ is better than children, some is becos they were poor when they were small/ young and they depend on themselves to get what they have now, so they want you to learn like them (nothing is free), or some just don't dote on that particular child.

alfa_juliet

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 02:29:21 AM »

i tell u it's more of what they hear stories from their friends & read from papers.

cannot blame them from being money-minded.  it's more like saving for themselves just in case anything happens in future.  my inlaws told me abt children cheat their friends till become homeless, yada yada.. also, abt the doctor who chase the cleaner mother out of their home etc etc

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: