Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
June 17, 2024, 06:45:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop barking and leash your dogs please!  (Read 166717 times)
LIOW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »

I do agree with you that dog owners should leash their dogs.
1. To avoid trouble
2. Dog getting run down by a car
3. Chasing ppl
4. Prevent them from going close to Muslims.

I am a dog owner and I leash my dogs at all times.

But you have to really sit down and run through the thread page by page on how every one is condemning dogs?  Its not an assumption.

A dog's mentality can be compared as a child, because it does not really understand what is going on. If its a puppy, it would also run away to hide if you beat it. It will not attack you back. Because it does not even know why u beat it. At least a child has tears to child and tell how miserable they feel. While dogs can't cry so you may think they dun feel sad.

Dogs are kids to us does not mean we give birth to them. It just means that we take care of them like kids. We feed them, bathe them, nurture them. While kids go to school , canines go to dog training school too. I had me and my dog attended canine school and we even have a certificate for it. 

Well... Not all dogs are trained. But as long as the dog owners follow the rules there is no reason to stereotype and trash dogs and dogs owners on the whole. E.g. Post like this :
"Agressive dog; owner says dog bites her in vagina, Dog bite victim , Dog Bites 11-Year-Old Boy In Face, Call the AVA, Watch out for this lady, Watch out for this indian guy who brings his German Shepard.... etc..."

Is just very offending... Do dog owners Not deserve respect bcos they own a dog? Do you mean that dog owners can be bullied and picked on just bcos they keep a dog which is so vulnerable to complains.

As a matter a fact, I would like to point out that I appreciate those Muslims that actually tell their kids that dogs are nothing to be afraid of. And encourage them not to run or shun them. This is greatly respectable! By doing this, you will lessen the fear of kids running when they see dogs. So dogs won't chase. Its a win-win situation.

See... The point is... if you respect other people. Other people will return the respect double and appreciate you even more. If dog haters were to trash dog owners do you think dog owners were to be happy?

I believe the younger generation dog owners all leash their dogs. Two possibilities of dog owners that do not leash their dogs are:

1. Old people.
2. Those ppl who just got a dog and is unaware of the rules and regulations

By go up to them and telling them politely, why it is important to leash a dog. It might make more sense than telling them something in a rude manner as they will not feel obliged to listen to you.
I urge neighbors to use the humble approach.
[/quote]

Advertisement

Rizwin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 01:14:49 AM »

Oh, i've to share this story. It happened last week. It was daytime. My daughter and I were lazing around on the bed in the masterbedroom. There was no one at home then. Our front door was kept opened.

Minutes later, i heard a 'jingle' sound from outside our bedroom. Thought it was nothing. Continued playing with my gal. The next moment i knew, a white dog was on the floor in my bedroom.

My kid and I freaked out coz it was just about to jump onto our bed. Got hold of my bolster and started to 'shoo-shoo' the dog away. Stamped my feet many times just to get it go to the main door. Eventually, after several shoo-shoo, it walked out hastily. ( Sure the dog also freaked out seeing me doing my African stamping dance....LOL)

Have seen this dog around. It belonged to one of the neighbours at another floor. But whatdahell was the owner thinking. Even if she does not want to leash her dog at home, can't she put any preventive measures to block her door with a panel so that her dog won't sneak out. Last time, the same dog dashed into the lift i was in. Hubby scolded the auntie then.

Damn lucky the dog never poo on my sofa or carpet or anywhere else in the house. Oh, that jingle sound came from the tiny bell attached on the dog's body.

BlackStallion

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 01:41:01 AM »

Rizwin...before you know it, you will be asked to install the panels to avoid such situations winked

Rgds,
BlackStallion
ladyangel

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »

ok .. in the 1st place. no one mentioned that they hate dogs! and by u guys assuming that they or we hate dogs does that means that you are saying that you hate kids? and scared that kids will bite u as the dogs did. kids don't harm ppl when ppl beat them or scare them. they run away and cry.that's part of them growing up.How their parents educate them. it's definitely up to their parents, and somehow this kids will go to school and will be thought on education. I wonder why are u putting dog = baby? comparing? haiz. think again/ we grow up..children do too! at a point of time. they will know not to cry but act as any civilised ppl.Didn't you dog lovers go through this phase?
anyway, we are saying please leash your dog, reason no 1.
1. We are leaving in multiracial country. Some religion are not allowed to be in direct contact with dogs. so by putting up the muzzle, it prevents the dog from biting.. or shall i say licking us.. since u mentioned that dogs don't really bite if we don't attack.
And for those who says kids are annoying,irritating? Don't you guys have kids? I mean kids are our own blood, if your own bllod cries, u will feel the hurt and definitely find means to stop the baby from crying.. and every human will definitely have a child of their own irregardless your race or religion!
unless u are telling me that you give birth to dogs?no hard feelings here, but i just feel that u guys love the dogs too much that you guys are blind to see the subject header of the thread! we do not request for dogs to be banned! all we ask for is to be considerate and do the neccesary.
2. If you don't leash your dog.. eg.. those kids who are going to school or happen to go elsewhere... sees your dog,  got scared and ran away.
the dog will think that the kid is playing with him and chase after him..

your coorperation is much appreciated!

I do agree with you that dog owners should leash their dogs.
1. To avoid trouble
2. Dog getting run down by a car
3. Chasing ppl
4. Prevent them from going close to Muslims.

I am a dog owner and I leash my dogs at all times.

But you have to really sit down and run through the thread page by page on how every one is condemning dogs?  Its not an assumption.

A dog's mentality can be compared as a child, because it does not really understand what is going on. If its a puppy, it would also run away to hide if you beat it. It will not attack you back. Because it does not even know why u beat it. At least a child has tears to child and tell how miserable they feel. While dogs can't cry so you may think they dun feel sad.

Dogs are kids to us does not mean we give birth to them. It just means that we take care of them like kids. We feed them, bathe them, nurture them. While kids go to school , canines go to dog training school too. I had me and my dog attended canine school and we even have a certificate for it. 

Well... Not all dogs are trained. But as long as the dog owners follow the rules there is no reason to stereotype and trash dogs and dogs owners on the whole. E.g. Post like this :
"Agressive dog; owner says dog bites her in vagina, Dog bite victim , Dog Bites 11-Year-Old Boy In Face, Call the AVA, Watch out for this lady, Watch out for this indian guy who brings his German Shepard.... etc..."

Is just very offending... Do dog owners Not deserve respect bcos they own a dog? Do you mean that dog owners can be bullied and picked on just bcos they keep a dog which is so vulnerable to complains.

As a matter a fact, I would like to point out that I appreciate those Muslims that actually tell their kids that dogs are nothing to be afraid of. And encourage them not to run or shun them. This is greatly respectable! By doing this, you will lessen the fear of kids running when they see dogs. So dogs won't chase. Its a win-win situation.

See... The point is... if you respect other people. Other people will return the respect double and appreciate you even more. If dog haters were to trash dog owners do you think dog owners were to be happy?

I believe the younger generation dog owners all leash their dogs. Two possibilities of dog owners that do not leash their dogs are:

1. Old people.
2. Those ppl who just got a dog and is unaware of the rules and regulations

By go up to them and telling them politely, why it is important to leash a dog. It might make more sense than telling them something in a rude manner as they will not feel obliged to listen to you.
I urge neighbors to use the humble approach.
Hi Janabelle and liow=)

Ok no stereoptyping. but what have been mentioned is to those who are doing this stuffs..
and yes humble as we are we will inform the dog owners, and also not all old ppl unleash their dogs.. there are some young ppl.. maids etc.
So I will just group them up as selfish ppl.
Thank you for those dog owners who undestand our religion's issues..
and also.. no we dont teach our children to be scared of dogs.. poke them and hurt them. We teach them not to go near dogs. I was thought of that too. Naturally, as I don't go near dogs.. I tend to be scared of dogs. Its just mentality on how our brain works that way. I guess.
And not all muslim kids scare dogs away. I have seen chinese kids hurt dogs too!since they are tought not to be scared of dogs.. I mean this are individuals.If you don't want your dog to get hurt.. then you have to look after your dog real close. and don;t just let the dog stroll about and watch from far. I f you see a muslim kid going towards your dog. most likely the kid is not aware that they should not be indirect contact with dog.. the more you should avoid the kid or bring the dog away from the kid. Of course, you will say.. the mum should look after that kid too.. but come on.. its usually at the park and ppl dont leash their kids right?
No offence, though you send you dogs to school. can you compare how many dogs are actually being sent to school? How many percentage of child are being sent to school.i Guess you should also really read how dog owners protect their dog up to the extend of comparing against babies. That's unfair.
Well, do us a favour will all dog owners?

Just leash your dogs and muzzle the dogs up.Regardless.. the dogs are big or small. not because i am saying that all dogs bite but to prevent the dogs from biting..just in case.. who knows.. like you mentioned. dogs dont cry or talk. u never know what they are thinking. maybe the owners yes. but not us..
And if you guys still don't get it, there's another reason. to prevent the dog from licking us, as we can't go direct contact.
To those dog owners, whom are looking after theor doggs real well, knows the law, and whom have been considerate to thers so far... thumbs up!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: