Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 25, 2024, 10:05:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop barking and leash your dogs please!  (Read 166346 times)
Jannabelle

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2008, 03:51:49 AM »

I have seen chinese kids hurt dogs too!since they are tought not to be scared of dogs...

Yes. If there are chinese kids that hurt dogs for NOTHING, tell me who(regardless they are scare of dogs or not, there is no reason to hurt them). They will have a serious dressing down from someone like me and i will report them to the AVA for animal curelty.

If you see a muslim kid going towards your dog. most likely the kid is not aware that they should not be indirect contact with dog.. the more you should avoid the kid or bring the dog away from the kid. Of course, you will say.. the mum should look after that kid too.. but come on.. its usually at the park and ppl dont leash their kids right?

I disagree. If a dog is leash and a muslim kid walk towards my dog because he is not aware of his religious regulations then its the parents responsiblity to educate him. Since you stressed on children can be educated. Even if its in a park, I am sure the child has the recognition and cognitive ability to tell its a dog. As long my dog is leashed and not disturbing anyone, i will continue my normal dog walk. Why should I trouble myself to walk in another inconvinient direction just bcos of this? Its not my fault. You walk towards me, not I walk towards u. Moreover, living in a multi-racial country in the hub with many muslim counterparts. I cant be doing that everytime a see a Muslim kid walking in towards my dog. In addition, some Muslims are relatively fair and looks like chinese. When u say muslim kid, please tell me how to I differentiate evey single muslim kid. Do you mean to say tht I can differentiate Muslims form non-muslims. E.g Indian muslims from Indian buddhist

Since this is your religon rules then you must take the neccessay effort to tell your kid not to walk towards a dog when he sees one, since he is not suppose too.

Same as its my responsiblilty to pick up poo and leash my dog, as it is the AVA regulations. Of couse I will not be so stupid to delibrately get my dog close to any strangers not only to muslims but fellow neighbours. My dogs won't like it either. Wink

Well, do us a favour will all dog owners?

Just leash your dogs and muzzle the dogs up.Regardless.. the dogs are big or small. not because i am saying that all dogs bite but to prevent the dogs from biting..just in case.. who knows.. like you mentioned. dogs dont cry or talk. u never know what they are thinking. maybe the owners yes. but not us..

And if you guys still don't get it, there's another reason. to prevent the dog from licking us, as we can't go direct contact.

Leash dogs. Yes. Muzzle dogs. NO. I will nv muzzle my furkid. "just in case" is understatement. Would you want to tie up your child's hands, "just in case" he/she fights in school? Would you want to tie up your child's mouth just in case they mutter a bad word? Muzzle is for dogs that are injuried or frightened , or dogs that are truly vicious that is about to be put to sleep. Pet dogs are not meant to be muzzled. This is a selfish statement. Why should we be the ones to go the extra mile to muzzle and torture our furkids just bcos you think they will lick you? If you don't want them to lick you, just dont touch or go near them. I believe most dog owners are doing their part on letting them go near muslims already.(Shame on those that did not.)  Yea.. so.. don't go overboard.

Advertisement

celyw

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2008, 05:16:23 AM »

dun think it is appropriate to use kids = dogs as it is not apple to apple comparison. If you will have a kid next time you will know it is not the same feeling.

i used to have a dog who I love to bits too thou now he passed away Sad

anyway i think leashing dogs should be enough...unless the dog is huge with big sharp teeth then maybe owner can consider muzzling them.

If i see a big dog, i will pull my kid away from it...

but i got neighbour's dog think either 1 or 2 floor below my flat wow his dog barked even in the middle of the night and for long time. We were awaken by the barking... Sad
steadyboh

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »

get a government letter with the subheading, use photoshop to edit and now change it to a warning letter, that SPCA now will come and spot check, say that every dogs will be licensed only with court trial and tell her to call (hp no.) and now you know her house number.

Buy a cheap sim card try those without the need to register, so that you can be free to use it without being tracked.

Back to the letter, put a stupid office no. and leave the hp no. for that lady to call on, then use that number you captured on your new sim card hp to do SPECIAL THINGS
cher_06

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »

i have this dog opp my block bark NON STOP day and night.  i suspect he is suffering from anxiety problems, which the owners wont know unless someone inform them.  Moreover its a new estate.  Sometimes, we need to be understanding and be more tolerant. 

Whenever my MIL dog comes over and I bring him for training in the estate, as he is a GR, I will of course tend to be a little cautious with my surroundings and the people.  I think thats the only responsible thing to do.  Moreover, he is in the midst of training for elderly mobility and to be a therapy dog, so I am a little apprehensive when people say that Big Dog = Bite/fierce.  And to highlight, you need a big dog to do elderly mobility as they have the capacity to hold the weight of the elderly should he/she fall.

Its amazing how people give disgusted stares at me or say things to their kids like 'the dog is BIGGER than you', or 'THAT dog BItes'.  I really think as we are all neighbours, just be a little more tolerant with each other.  Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.  FOr me,, I feel very strongly that dogs should be trained, just like how kids need to go to school to have the proper values and knowledge instilled in them.  There is only bad owners, no bad dogs.

And also to steadyboh,  I dont thik you should be manipulating government letters or even the SIM Card as technically it is an offense and if you are reported, it can be quite a big issue.  In singapore, everything is visible, irregardless of how you think you can get away with the system.  >_<
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: