Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 04:53:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the cleaners doing their job?  (Read 10706 times)
BlackStallion

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »

I just feel that we are not exactly paying condo rates to the town council, so we should not expect five-star service quality.  Unless the cleaners are spotted not doing their work or ignored the mess created by irresponsible homeowners then we should try to understand they cannot pick up after us as soon as a mess is created.  Sometimes I sweep up the area just outside my place after  the wind blew the dead leaves from my plants.  My neighbour saw me and commented why I sweep outside as well.  I just feel its part of my job since my plants made a mess.  Smiley
We don't expect immediate cleanup but taking 2-3 days to clear up vomit (in the lift mind you....imagine the smell) & dog poo is too much. Sweeping up leaves/sand outside your own unit is normal, even I do it. We are talking about obviously worst things than just leaves/sand. We can't compare our rates to that of condos but whatever it is, even if the rate is $1 per month, we can still ask them to do cause we're charged for such services. If mess is not cleaned up by them then tell me who should do it? Do we go to each unit in the block and ask whether they're the ones who created the mess?

Rgds,
BlackStallion

Advertisement

mwsm70

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 01:10:30 AM »

hmm.... i should ask... is there a cleaner at all to clean the block?? i see paper, rubbish..etc on floor everyday from morning till night. best part is i ever saw a dead crockache at a staircase outside my door for more than a week before it was being cleared...

and recently there is shit on the staircase also... from 'hot and fresh' to 'dried', almost being there for a month and no one from the town council do anything about it. called town council yesterday afternoon and they say will get someone to clear it... but this morning the 'dried' shit still there.... if after work today, i still see that shit, i will take further action.

i agreed that someone here had mentioned that we are not paying the fee as high as private condo... but the key point is: we are still paying the fee. and it is not cheap actually, Punggol is the highest SSCC fee in Singapore.

i don't expect any high standard of cleaning, BUT at the very least also not as dirty like a 30years old town. personally, i felt really disappointed with the TC.
tom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 11:59:44 PM »

Wink Maybe the supervisors and those on top are to be blamed. The cleaners just go round  with a broom, dragging the broom along as he walks. Sometimes with their eyes not on the floor, but looking elsewhere. How to locate shit ?

With a mere $300 pay, remit $150 to their family overseas, he has only $5 a day. Whereas local supervisors are paid thousands of dollars and seldom seen them making their rounds checking.

In fact, one cleaner should be station in each block, full time , on call , 365 days a year. How much does it cost to do it ? $3,600 yearly.

Works out to be $ 9 and 86 cents a day.  smoking cost less than a packet of cigarettes. cheers or 2 bottles of " tiger "

Right or wrong ?
mwsm70

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 12:10:18 AM »

Wink Maybe the supervisors and those on top are to be blamed. The cleaners just go round  with a broom, dragging the broom along as he walks. Sometimes with their eyes not on the floor, but looking elsewhere. How to locate shit ?

With a mere $300 pay, remit $150 to their family overseas, he has only $5 a day. Whereas local supervisors are paid thousands of dollars and seldom seen them making their rounds checking.

In fact, one cleaner should be station in each block, full time , on call , 365 days a year. How much does it cost to do it ? $3,600 yearly.

Works out to be $ 9 and 86 cents a day.  smoking cost less than a packet of cigarettes. cheers or 2 bottles of " tiger "

Right or wrong ?

having 1 cleaner at each block is not necessary lah. maybe 2-3 blocks 1 cleaner will be good enough.

town council called me back regarding my feedback, and from them i get to know that they only carried out the cleaning job once a day, that is in the morning. no more cleaning after that...... so maybe they should clean the block at least 2 times a day, that will be better...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: