Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 06:56:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: unpleasant smell in Punggol and Sengkang  (Read 17247 times)
Lyregi

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 12:22:05 AM »

hmm...think i really need to go for medical check up le...i really can't smell anything when i'm here. was away the whole of this week, only came back yesterday evening but i still cannot smell the thingy which you all are mentioning..

Advertisement

da

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 04:17:04 AM »

hmm...think i really need to go for medical check up le...i really can't smell anything when i'm here. was away the whole of this week, only came back yesterday evening but i still cannot smell the thingy which you all are mentioning..

everyone different mah. some can smell, some cannot.. just like food, some food taste sweet to some, but bitter to others..

devil's advocate
rona

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 06:30:22 AM »

I also noticed a fishy smell a few times since we moved in in early Dec.  But I still say Punggol is a great place to stay, even with the airplane noise, smell & litter problem which I agree is really happening. 

Stayed in hdb Pasir Ris many years ago and then moved to a condo.  Then I realised that actually the most conveniences are given to hdb residents.  In many private condo estates, if you need to just get a bowl of noodles, you may need to walk 10 minutes to a bus-stop, then take another bus for 4 to 5 stops to a food court!  Most bridges and walkways are covered (sheltered) in hdb estates but for private estate, they probably assume everyone drives and each family has a few cars and don't need public transport!

So the irony is I feel great moving back to hdb and in Punggol.  Everything is within reach - bus stop right downstairs, food court 5 mins walk away.   I think there's no perfect place, we have to decide what we can and cannot accept.  There are some things that can be pursued and changed, and there are some things that can't be.  Am I overly optimistic?  Perhaps, but it's a great antidote to all the things that irritate us...  And of course, I've just moved in for 1.5 months so it may be too early to tell but for now, life is great!

Stay happy all! 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: