Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 20, 2024, 06:54:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Do you think Punggol deserves a Neighbourhood Police Post / Centre
Yes ! I feel safer ! - 15 (78.9%)
No need lah ! What for ? Waste taxpayer's money ! - 2 (10.5%)
Don't know, Ask MP ! The Gahmen knows what to do ! - 2 (10.5%)
No point. Policemen are always on invisible mode ! WTF ! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighbourhood Police Post in Punggol ?  (Read 45422 times)
tom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 03:13:40 AM »

I belief the new Community Club @ punggol should house " The Police " , Polyclinic, Library and other facilities similar to CC's recently built in Sengkang.. Our town is suppose to be our SM's baby. He was so proud at the time when he talked about " Resort living at Punggol ". So our CC should be the best of it's kind in Punggol Pasir Ris GRC, hopefully.

Recently, by chance, I was at a Punggol North ITE Edusave Merit Bursary Award Presentation Ceremony; MP Penny mentioned about fund raising for Punggol North CC. ( go to punggol.sg main page, click Articles, submitted articles and take a look )

Hopefully they can raised sufficient funds soon for the building. waving

Advertisement

eothian

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 03:40:06 AM »

If that's the case, my family will certainly look forward to have such Community Club ! My friends all laughed at me for shifting to Punggol because they felt that this place is 'Ulu', deserted and lack of amenities. Already a resident here, I felt we should do more to build this place 'not a laughing stock'.

Only the Punggol residents will know what I'm talking about; this place is not that bad actually ! It can be even better than some mature residental estates in terms of cleanliness and friendliness.

Below are some good points about Punggol which I felt strongly :

(i) It is one of the estates nearest to the Airport which is good for season travellers but bad for taxi-drivers !

(ii) Punggol is near the sea (hopefully our neighbour up north doesn't pollute it).

(iii) Punggol has many young working adults and small children which makes the estate lively and interesting ! It doesn't smell of old estate.

(iv) The flats are widely spaced out and contain very interesting architectural characteristics which is quite similiar to expensive condominiums nowadays.

(v) We have 24/7 supermarkets and coffeeshops here which other estates do not have.

(vi) We can travel striaght to ViVoCity from one end to another without changing any trains !

Nevertheless, a new Community Club will definately sound interesting and will add to the vibrancy of this place ! Will the residents be involved in any fund-raising for the Community Club as well ? Should we organise some fund-raising events ?

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 04:22:09 AM »

fund? charity again?
eothian

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 04:34:07 AM »

Yeah, charity, but this time is not for the less fortunate, but for the residents of Punggol.

The new Community Centre (if true) sounds interesting and will make up for the lack of amenities here. I wonder if they can include swimming pools. Don't tell me since Punggol is near the sea / river, we can swim there. The recent incident where the 2 boys took a plunge off Pasir Ris really scare anyone off. So we really need swimming pools !

But again, why should we raise the funds for a NPP in the Community Centre ? Shouldn't this should be under the Home Affairs dept ?

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: