Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 10:18:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aircraft noise  (Read 151681 times)
tiong

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »

BAD NEWS!! Angry
The new F15 RSAF brought are going to be based in paya lebar air base in 2010. the noise is more than double from the new F15 than the F5 which we see them flying now!! head banging
This is a lousy estate to be in! WHAT PUNGGOL 21... those new BTO flat buyer still in the dark. Just like me, if i know the noise problem I will not move into punggol. Use to live in Tampines, no aircraft noise. I will sell my flat in a year time and move back to tampines.
NO use complain to MP, she only forward your mail to MINDEF and MINDEF will reply u "bla bla bla.... we are sry..the plan still need to fly".  I hope Miss MP realized this is a real concern for punggol residents, you just need to do a search in this forum n will know how many residents posed.

Advertisement

tanpos

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: June 23, 2010, 04:31:23 AM »

talking about the air plane noise, it sometimes goe thill the evening and is real loud . It not only pierce your ear drums, it also block the sounds while you are watching television. It's annoying! Undecided
loosesunshine

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2010, 03:47:45 AM »

I am new to this forum. And this topic picked up my interest immediately.

To my dismay, the first post is dated JUNE 09, 2007!!!!!!

I wonder now, what is the purpose of this forum. If it is just for the residents to air frustrations- without any solutions given, then I seriously doubt if I will ever come back here again. Let alone speak my opinions.

This issue is obviously a concern for many residents- look at the no. of viewers- 32,000.

Was there even a followup by the MP or authourities after their first reply to the email copy? I am sorry if I missed it cos I got lost in the midst of the 18 pages.

I also saw the Punggol Oasis on FB. It makes me wonder if it will be an effective place for residents to feedback. Or would it be just another airing opportunity for us. Or just purely publicising the 'vast activities' it has organised.

Come on, for a bo-chap resident like I was, I would have never come here. It is in fact I had something that's a great concern that I attempt this forum, or perhaps at the FB later on. If we make effort to explore the avenues set up for us, please hear us out and help us solve our issues. We are the ones who are LIVING in this community! Else, it will be just another white elephant.
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2010, 02:17:59 AM »

this is a privately operated forum that is not related to the town council or mp or government authorities or any political party.
i cofounded this forum, so although your message is meant for authorities, i am in the unfortunate position of having to reply

i believe there was an effort to "educate" residents that having the planes are essential to security and there are no other flight paths possible, and the noise is an unavoidable side effect. maybe you can look up Penny Low or other MP speeches to see if there was any discussion in parliament. http://www.parliament.gov.sg/parlweb/hansard_search_vs.jsp?accesstype=1

if you want to communicate with authorities, i think the formal avenues is joining RC, or meet the MP at meet the MP session, or talk to the MP if there's a block visit. however, i do believe, that by posting here, your views is heard.. without the authorities having to respond with a cookie cutter answer for very similar complaints about airplane noise.

on the other hand, town council staff, or stat board staff or government ministries, or SAF, all made up of people, people who stay somewhere in Singapore. so many people in Punggol, lots of them work in any of the above. in your daily work, in making decisions, can think of how to make things a little better for living in Singapore.

on an individual basis,
i bought a meter for measuring sound pressure levels, i.e. measure how "loud" a sound is, because there were noisy construction or noisy events and i wanted to measure if they exceed guidelines set by NEA. there are 3 videos in the following links,
http://www.punggol.sg/forum/complaints/so_noisy_after_10pm_7_feb_09-t20652.0.html

the event organisers may not be aware of how loud their amps and speakers were set to, if they do not use a spl meter. the people who attended probably suffered hearing damage.

by the way, NEA monitors air quality, how about setting up stations monitoring noise as well?

likewise i am worried about the traffic next to punggol plaza, so i posted a list of accidents,
http://www.punggol.sg/forum/community_issues/listing_of_accidents_outside_punggol_plaza-t21479.0.html

i am also concerned with the speed of vehicles, so i bought a speed gun to measure the speed of vehicles.. which are ~60km/h on 50km/h road, with a few at above 70km/h. no videos posted. however i wish i have the time to do so, and to do so while being sensitive to the privacy of the drivers.

likewise for the planes, i got a sound pressure level meter with rs232 connection, with which it is possible to record on 24 hours basis. this will show the noise generated by the planes over time. i thought data would be good to have if you want to make a case about the planes. essentially the argument is the planes provide security. the counter argument is likely to be social and economic. eg. the planes cause stress, which lead to higher divorce rates, poorer education outcomes for children, lower productivity, poor health, lower birth rate etc. there should be reputable studies done in other countries which can be referenced. is there data then, which shows the planes really generate that much noise over time, and is the noise level increasing over time?

do i have the data? no, i got bored. everyone have other things to do which take precedence. eg. i can spend the equivalent effort to earn money, and move out of punggol, or go for holidays or migrate or soundproof the flat, and on aircon 24hrs a day. having said that.. if anyone have info or contacts on having equipment mounted on hdb rooftop or other suitable locations, with a power point, appreciate if you can send me the info at following link, http://www.punggol.sg/forum/pm.html;sa=send;u=5

i have spent an hr of my life writing this; if you have read to this point, i thank you, the reader, for spending the time to read what was written.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: