Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 27, 2024, 04:12:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aircraft noise  (Read 151191 times)
waterpoint

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:55:24 AM »

My initial email ...

-----------------------------
Hi,

Are you the MP for Punggol as I have gotten this email thru the punggol forum and I am not sure is this a valid email or will it direct to the right person I am intending to address to, which is the MP for Punggol.

The basis of my email is to share with you the concern I have on the noises created by the low flying aircraft from the nearby Paya Lebar airfield, which from the forum that I understood that it is also a grave concern shared by many of the residents staying in this area.

The loud noises created by the jet plane flying in low orbit cutting across the plain of punggol in the afternoon and, even, night time awaken my 2 small children (age 3 years and 9 months), which is creating distress to my wife. She is a single staying home mother. Having to take care of the kids and tends to the house amid preparing the food for the family, the constant awaking of my kids amid their sleep not only gave them a discontinuous sleep, which make them very grouchy, it has also forbid my wife to tend to the house-keeping and preparation of meals. This has indeed created much undue distress to her.

I have witness it a few times, how low the planes were flying. The distance is suffice to allow me to count the wheels which is still not retracted into the belly of the craft.

Understand the National concern on security obliging our airforce to keep its vigilant and readiness 24 by 7, while on the other hand managing the stress felt in the family, it has took a toll on me explaining the reason for this email. I would believe that HDB and the land authority would have plan 30 years down the line, in the same way the various Authorities have done for Singapore in their respective areas, in understanding the need of national security thus would have not suggested for the punggol21 plan. It was this plan that draws a lot of the young families, just like mine, to believe in the Government's vision, thus applying to stay here.

In fact, I was speaking to numerous neighbours and friends staying in this region and understood that it is the same concern shared by all.

I woud hope that something could be done to help me alleviate this problem. Some suggestions might include:

1. To share with the resident the flight time table and duration. This does not alleviate the problem totally nor able to help us effectively plan for the 'worst'. It does on one serious note take a check on the Airforce's plan in flying in this region instead of Tengah Airfield.

2. Of course to put more flights into Tengah Airfield

3. To stop the Punggol21 plan and move us to other part of Singapore

4. To take off in the other direction of the Airfield, instead of taking off towards the Northern direction

Thought by thought and action by action ...

Advertisement

waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 05:58:44 AM »

The reply ...

---------------
Thank you for your feedback regarding the above matter.

I understand the distress you and your family have been experiencing and greatly appreciative for exercising tolerance in this matter. We have brought this up to RSAF. In addition, we have been urging the RSAF to communicate with our residents more, so both parties can better appreciate the challenges on the ground, and share ideas and suggestions to address the challenges. Meanwhile, I have also requested Mindef to re-look into the issue and get them to reply to you directly.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Regards

waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 05:59:21 AM »

My reply

----------
Hi,
thanks so much for your help. I am very sure with you helping to put forth the request to Mindef and RSAF in exploring ways for better committee integration, there will be some resolution soon as I have also written emails to them on separate occassions but have not heard from them yet. I am now hopeful that with your help to push, it will not be the same case as it is.

Once again, thanks for your help so far. Cheers.

Cheers,

ultramanz

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 06:12:53 AM »

nicely drafted email, waterpoint  thumbs up

keep us posted if mindef & rsaf will reply to you, as mentioned in their reply..   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: