Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 27, 2024, 07:35:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aircraft noise  (Read 151202 times)
Esoh

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2010, 05:24:50 AM »

Dear All,

I am a reporter with the Sunday Times and I'm working on a story about Singaporeans setting up their own 'e-kampungs' or online forums where they gather, discuss, inform, and take action, all in the spirit of community development. I would really appreciate it if you could share with me your views on online forums and whether you see it as a means to make your voices heard and if there are any cases where you managed to achieve redress on any issues as a group that you would be unable to remedy as an individual. Do drop me an e-mail at esoh@sph.com.sg. Limweech - I was unable to drop you a pm but would you be willing to have a short interview via e-mail or phone about the action you have taken in this case?

Thank you!
Elizabeth Soh

Advertisement

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2010, 05:49:25 AM »

Hi Elizabeth,

I think of this website as a communication tool for the community. For opinions and  information to be shared, such that gradual, incremental improvements can be achieved in our shared living space.

Certainly, voices on punggol.sg are heard.

If you have questions with regards to the forum, do post here, and I'll do my best to answer.

Would like to draw your attention to http://www.punggol.sg/forum/community_issues/tpe_noise_effecting_punggol_residents-t34966.0.html;msg89936#msg89936

pvsrnaidu proposed a 2 km noise barrier covering TPE, in his attached pdf file.

Perhaps LTA can send people to Melbourne to look at their Melbourne City Link Project, which has 15km of noise attenuation walls, including a 300m covered section. There is a picture of the covered section in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CityLink the description is "sound tube in Flemington".

The covered section can also be seen on google earth, if you search for "130 Racecourse Rd, Flemington VIC, Australia". The nearest residential buildings are the Debneys Park estate which are around 80m away. The sound tube is built to protect residents in Debneys Park estate. In comparison, Punggol hdb buildings along the TPE are 60m away, with no protection.

pvsrnaidu

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »

Dear Water Point ,

Well done . Thanks for your time & Effort to speak on behalf of all punggol& senkang  residents. I am also feedback on similiar suffering of me & my neighbours on the TPE noise . request all the members in the forum , Please have your comment , if you have time .

http://www.punggol.sg/forum/community_issues/tpe_noise_effecting_punggol_residents-t34966.0.html

when all of us get together to feedback to government authorities , they may be able to help us the possible.

Cheers ,

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: