Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 03:55:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Planning to go Japan Any Advise, Pls  (Read 10162 times)
Retro Rick

MERCHANDISE PARADISE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 02:12:21 AM »

I LOOVE Japan. Usually i will anyhow go to the countryside, find a ulu motel and 'nua' (laze) down there.. ha ha. until now i still dunno what are the names of the places I've stayed at. there's this inn that has hot spring water and you can soak inside while looking at Mount Fuji. If possible I would want to migrate there, maybe claim that I am a refugee. heh heh.

Advertisement

elmo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 03:54:25 AM »

been to japan a few times and just came back from there last week. travelled to the Japan alps and get to stay in a few ryokans with hot springs. staying at these places is interesting and traditional but language is a HUGE problem. most of the ryokans' staff doesn't really speak english. big cities like Tokyo and Osaka will have lesser of this problem.

the best shrines and temples are in Kyoto and Himeiji.

Retro Rick, i think the place you went is Hakone. a must go place. lots of ryokans there with hot springs and can see mt fuji. that place is called "the gateway to mt fuji". its about 2 hours train+bus ride from Tokyo. i think in Nov (winter season), mt fuji is closed for hiking. so really can only see mt fuji from afar...

Disney Sea is celebrating 5th year anniversary. so it may be really nice to visit. its just beside tokyo disneyland. disneyland itself is smaller than Anaheim in LA and some of the attractions (like indiana jones ride, theatres etc) are in Japanese. so either you just enjoy the rides or you need to wear special headphones with the english translation while watching those 3D movies.

if you intend to travel to Osaka from Tokyo, buy Japan railway pass. can get it from JTB at top floor of Takashimaya. the bullet train itself will make your railway pass worth the money.

take note of short opening times of many attractions in Japan. its winter time, short daylight and a lot of places close at 4.30 or 5.30pm.
Retro Rick

MERCHANDISE PARADISE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 04:31:14 AM »

Ahhhh .. now I know the name of the place ne ... what's the name of the place that is like four hours or so from Kagoshima, got waves for surfing one. I love the cliffs and the pregnant fish shiok.  thumbs up many custom cars hang out there.
Singer high

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 06:28:17 AM »

Intend to go in Nov'06 (2 weeks) hv never been to the Rising Sun before but really love to go there to eat eat & eat (oiishi ne) also to shop as i know they hv very cute stuff and their packaging is indeed very nice.

Wondering anyone out there know Japan and could offer advise where are the must go places?

As stated we are (young couple) going there for shopping, eating and visit the themes park (universal studios etc) Is there a doreamon park? I know there is Hello Kitty land though
Hey bro, going Japan ah? Tour or F&E? Before or after the ICT?
If you're looking for Japanese robots like Gundams and chogokins, I can give you a list of places to check out. Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: