Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 02:35:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Planning to go Japan Any Advise, Pls  (Read 10165 times)
miwitch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 05:22:48 PM »

Im going next year too! Am also collecting information for it. ^_^ One place u can never miss besides the normal site seeing place is Tokyo, Harajuku.
I am a Jfashion freak. Over there got alot of teenagers wearing Punk/Gothic/Lolita and cosplaying. So you can take pictures pictures with them~ ^o^ Hohoho~

Advertisement

tanmc

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 02:28:35 PM »

If you like hot springs, you must find a chance to try it. If you go at the end of the year, it would be cold, and being in a hot spring spa would be an even more wonderful experience! Don't be shy if you have to take off your clothes. There are women's only pools, and no one takes a second look because it is so normal and common to them.   8)
cookiemon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 04:36:53 AM »

hallo Smiley

Was in Japan for my honeymoon 2 yrs ago!  Wonderful place!  SKY and I will be going again this December with our family.

Anyway check out this web page.  http://www.creativetours.com.sg/eng/INDEX2.HTM for tickets.  If u leave singapore by 10 december u can get tickets for $538 (japan airlines) but must fly in the morning and reach in the afternoon-check out the fine prints.  If you intend to stay for about 2 weeks, best to get the japan railpass... they have a bundle for air tickets and railpass together ($1300 for flight and 14 days railpass).

You must visit an ONSEN (check out japan hour on sat night on CNA or sunday 2pm CNA).  Japan has got onsens all over the country.

Hokkaido is a lovely place to visit if you like seafood and nature.  I think it won't be that cold in November.  Check out the JNTO website (http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/)

Kyoto/Osaka (kansai region) you should visit if you are into historical and cultural japan, they have got good shopping.. but shopping in Japan is general VERY expensive.  If you go to Kyoto and interested in staying in a traditonal hotspring ryokan, can check this out (http://www.seryo.co.jp/english.htm).  It is abit out of the place though.  My colleague went there and gave thumbs up!   It costs about SGD$300 per person per night with dinner and breakfast.

If you want cheap but clean accomodation all over Japan, you can check out the website for this hotel chain (http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/).  Location is good as they are always near train stations, but be prepared for the size of the rooms.

Aiyoh.. I've typed so much and still got alot more!  Till next time lar!

C is for Cookie!
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 05:34:01 AM »

Don't forget bring some translation words. We went there for honeymoon 8 yrs ago. Noone knows how to speak/understand English in the train stations. I am not sure this time whether they have move into an international mode.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: