Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 07:54:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Recommendation for Bali Resort?  (Read 16194 times)
ultramanz

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »

Stay at Contiki Resort located at Legian area. The resort is gd with nice pools, amenities and gd service upon when we check in till out. Food wise so-so only.

Went to Kuta Sq where all the boutiques or shopping are and shop around. Then proceed to Kuta beach which was amazing with the waves and activities going on there. However I hate the fact of you being ambush by the local peddling their gd & svcs. Hv a gd stroll along the beach before returning to Hard Rock Cafe where beside there is a Starbuck cafe to chill out and rest.

Took a cab from there back to resort at only $22,000 rupiah (abt S$4). They are fair where they stick to the meter and not bargain with you unlike in Bangkok. The pple there are friendly too. Although you are not obliged to tip them but with their service I did.

Went for water-rafting and was fun the guide was gd in ensuring with hv lots of fun down the river and assisted us in taking pict during a pit stop break. Later we proceed to the Bali Coffee and spice garden where we were shown the coffee plant and other fruits and spices and I even got to try to fried the coffee bean and taken pix. We proceed to their so-called cafe overlooking the mountain where we had free sampling of their variety of coffee beverages e.g. coffee black, coffee with sugar/milk, ginseng coffee, ginger tea, hot cocoa. They even offer from cigarettes which you hv to DIY type and without any filters.

Lastly we wanted to watch their cultural show called KecaK Fire Dance but time is too late so we went to Jimbaren for dinner the place is gorgeous when sundown watch the sunset and that place actually like our east coast seafood centre but theirs is much much much better than ours per se. We chose the table on the beach and order grilled sotong, sweet & sour crab & grilled white snapper. Overall the food wise is so-so and not that cheap though but more for the ambience which makes up for its short-coming.

Will definitely return again to explore other areas.

Oops almost forgot we went to a high point near the Kintamani area to view the volcano. As the driver drove us to this restaurant where their outdoor seating area is perching over the edge of the high point and it was cool we took quite a lot of pix from there while enjoying our beverages.     

wah, nice review bro.. makes me wanna go there after reading ur post man..  thumbs up

Advertisement

Mel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 12:24:43 AM »

I also enjoyed myself in Bali..but only sad thing is that I didnt manage to go to Tanah Lot Sad and I was also sad that I couldnt really see the full sunset when I went to uluwatu to watch the kecak dance cos it was raining in the afternoon so the sunset wasnt that great....but I did see a beautiful sunrise when I went to stay at Nusa Du on the last 2 nights(Bali Tropics Resort and Spa)...

For the fist 2 nights I stayed at Kuta (Kuta Seaview). THe hotel was not too bad..$70 p/night and it was directly in front of the beach...I spent the first two days walking around kuta...the donut at Discovery Mall was FANTASTIC!!!  Thk its called Krispy Kreme...much nicer than the 2 famous stalls in Spore...other than that..nthing else in Discovery attracted me..its more of a high-end shopping centre...taking cab there is damn shiok...so cheap!  I always made sure I took the Blue Bird Taxi...it's costs me only RP5,200 to go back to my hotel from anywhere in Kuta...hehe! Even cheaper than taking a bus in Spore!!  Food at Made Warung was nice...THe beach at Kuta is Heaven for a man...lots of topless girls getting a tan...and lots of girls in thong bikinis...

Oh!  If anyone wants to go shopping in Bali...Sukawati is the place to go...it was quite a distance from Kuta..but the stuff there much cheaper...have to bargain lah! then from there when I went to back to Kuta in the evening (cos Sukawati closes at abt 5pm) I made sure I bargain until the same price I got at Sukawati..hehehe!! 

I actually hired a driver and car...(recommended by my friend) cheap...Rp300k for a whole day...and he was really nice..didnt bring us to those weird silver factories etc...( I hate it when I get forced to go to these places so that they can earn commission cos I feel its a waste of my precious time)..it happened to me in Bangkok..  He brought us to a place where they sell household things (wood carvings, mosaics, etc) at wholesale prices!!!  I bought a Mosaic mirror for just $11!!!  CAN U BEAT THAT??? Big one leh..not small one...In Spore small one already costs $50 lor...and the ppl in these shops just leave you alone to look around but they don't really let you bargain cos its also wholesale price...the driver also brought us to eat realy nice cheap and good Nasi Padang...we realised that all the food places were mostly cafe/restaurant types so we were so fed up cos the food didnt meet up to our expectations so he started to bring us to those normal coffeeshop type of place where the locals eat...the food was damn good!!  and cheap too!

Saw the rice fields which were so beautiful.....and also went to the coffee and spice plantation that Peace @ Punggol went to...drank hot cocoa...my husband drank the coffee with ginseng...it was smelly!!  haha!!didnt go to any temples at all cos after what Alaska told me about her son..I got abit freaked out...being pregnant better not take any chances...

Kintamani was beautiful but I only stood outside the car for awhile cos after that alot of ppl started coming to me to sell me stuff (adults and chilren alike) and there were really pushing me until I almost lost balance so me being Pregnant....ended up gg back to the car cos my hubby was afraid I'd fall...but the view was still nice from the car Smiley the food the the restaurants there are horrible though..not worth the money..

Nusa Dua was really good for relaxation...just spent my days at the beach/ pool...have a drink by the pool bar..got my hair (which is very long...till my butt) braided into very neat small braids for SGD18.

Something I found interesting abt Nusa Dua is that when u wanna go eat at the nearby restaurant/ cafe, the reception will actually be able to call to make reservations for you and the restaurant will actually arrange for transport to and from your hotel...its the standard for all the restaurant and hotels in Nusa Dua (at least this is what we were told) so it was good...But shopping at the mkt at Nusa dua was Bad!!  The prices were much higher than that of Kuta/ Sukawati...but I was lucky to find a few shops willing to let me bargain to the price that I wanted...but most of the shops refused so too bad!!

Overall..Had a wonderful time in Bali...and I don't mind gg back there again....
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 05:02:32 AM »

next time can try different hotels.

I agree with you, that donuts are very delicious. When we went there in Dec, it was their opening ceremony. The promoters were standing on the road giving 1 box 6 small pieces of donuts for free. We took it. Very delicious.
Mel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 05:49:08 AM »

Oh..when we went there they were giving out samples..my hubby and I got a whole normal sized donut each!  and even after we bought half a dozen, the guy still asked us if we wanted to have another sample each...we were too paiseh so we refused....Amazing!  In Spore the sample sizes are so pathetic...all bite-sized..yet there, there were giving out a whole donut as sample...madness!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: