Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 05:41:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wireless tech in periwinkle  (Read 13813 times)
Runner

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 10:06:27 PM »

that means i have to subscribe to wireless first before i can use la... cos i very blur la... now i am using broadband,

if i want to use a laptop, usually they already ahve wireless tech on the laptop, right? so i just have to subscribe to the service, do i still need a router?
1. If u wan to surf within ur house, all u have do is to get a wireless router. This is a device that link to ur modem, it acts as a transmitter to transmit ur boardband signal, so that ur laptop can receive this signal to surf the net.
The router is abt less than a $100. Or u can get a modem-wireless router(all-in-one). abt $120.

2. If u are referring to surfing at public places like MacDonald's etx, then u will have to subscribe to a Wireless plan.

Advertisement

Runner

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 10:11:16 PM »

This explains why ur laptop can receive so many wireless signal at ur home, they are all from ur neighbours' wireless routers. As why u can access these signal is becos they did not put password to secure their sign. It is an offence to tap into such unsecured signal.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 10:19:34 PM »

How do we know that someone in particular is tapping on our wireless router.
Runner

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 11:02:11 PM »

How do we know that someone in particular is tapping on our wireless router.
U can access ur router's settings via any internet browser, eg Internet Explorer, Firefox.
The manual of ur router has a step-by-step for u to access the settings. From there, u can 'see' who(which computer) is connected to ur wireless signal.
as for the actual steps, diff brand has diff setup manual, so i cant help u no this, u gotta read the manual. Maybe u can tell me ur router model.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: