Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 27, 2024, 12:35:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volunteer for schoo  (Read 4753 times)
minigrace

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2008, 10:27:54 PM »

Hi

Anyone out there has been a volunteer for school? It is worth to do volunteering? Any secure seat? Thinking should I do it?  Any advise

Advertisement

Rio

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:12:12 PM »

Hi,

It's good if u want to get your child into the school that u want. Also, u are able to find out more abt the school and the cultures while doing PV there and see if it would suit your child or your likes. For example, my friend did PV at both Mee Toh and Rivervale, and realise that she prefers the school culture of Rivervale Primary much more than Mee Toh.

For me, I am also applying to do PV for a popular primary school in Clementi (as I intend to shift there). Still havnt got in yet, even though I had meet the principal twice for discussion liao:)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:51:58 PM »

depending on what school you are choosing. Parents' volunteer falls under phase 2B, together with grassroot volunteers. If you are choosing famous school, phase 2B will still ballot.

Do a grassroot volunteers better than school volunteers. School volunteers are not too healthy in terms of gossip among mothers, teachers, etc. You can really see who are the 3-legged mothers. Very very political.

Rivervale, some active parents' volunteers even go to the extend give a whole suckling pig to the principal. Bought desserts from Chinatown and gave to the principal. Play mahjong with teachers.

These mothers are damn short-sighted. They never think PSLE papers are not marked by their school teachers at all. Why must do such an exasggerating act. Shameless. Report book only looks good for 5 yrs. If the child does badly in PSLE, rumours will start to fill the school.

minigrace

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »

HI

Pardon me. What is grassroot volunteer? How to go abt it?

My child is going primary school in 2010, will it be too late?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: