Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 02:56:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe to leave maid with baby at home?  (Read 26863 times)
Stacy

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2007, 11:18:25 PM »

Hi,

Is there anyone at Punggol that keeps their maid at home with newborn baby (after maternity)? Heard so much about those tales that it scare me off. But need a maid to help out. Otherwise with a newborn and a 2yrs old boy, cannot manage.

Thought of sending newborn to nanny. But cannot manage the household chores. Coz with 2 kids really not easy. I'm staying at the highest floor and i'm worried....

Advertisement

June Mum

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 11:26:47 PM »

Halo,

Personally I don't feel safe leaving the baby with the maid alone... especially when my friend email this maid abusing baby video.... really scared me leh.

For my case, I engage a maid but my mother in law is there to 'supervise' lor... so at least I know that my girl is well taken care of since the maid will be doing the house chores while my mother in law look after my girl.
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 01:57:48 AM »

My baby is at home with maid since he was 8months old. My hse was installed with D-Link CCTV and can be monitored via internet. My mom in law monitors them (bb and maid) from her hse. Actually, i can truly understd ur plight being onces in ur position myself. Then I was lucky tat I found a gd maid (at least till now). I can see many others who manage to get a gd one too.

I dun bank on my mil to come over becos she stays too far. Besides, there are many instances in the papers tat the maid play plank despite having someone at home to supervise them. They can always drop some clothes downstairs and take the opportunity to talk to some banga lurking out there.

So, its really depends on luck. U ve to find a gd agent to get ur maid. Some agent sucks. My agent is also the boss of the agency in Indo. She selects some good ones (i presumed they ve exams) first for her agency and send the rest to others. If u ve started ur search u wld ve realized tat some bio data are similar betwn different agencies. So u really ve to open ur eyes and do a bit of searching.

Nanny is another option but u can't really guarantee what she does to ur bb. The difference betwn Nanny and maid is merely nationality but the latter is more simple minded perhaps. IMO, infant care is quite gd. The children grew up in an environment tat are closely monitored. The sch tries to follow the milestone and help ur bb to progress. Then the bbs grew up to be more independent. The downsides are the pricings and the probability of getting sick. But again, many things have their pros and cons. Perhaps u may want to weigh  the odds and see which is the better option for u.
H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 02:20:58 AM »

Safer to have a family member close by to supervise. Bad maid can send back. Damage done, hard to revert. Only later when a trust is formed, then you can be comfortable with your maid. My maid is coming in end of this month, for us it is not a problem, as this maid previous employer is my relative. That makes it easier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: