Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 01, 2024, 08:39:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary School in Punggol or Sengkang  (Read 48681 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »

I have not experience the P1 yet. But this year P2 feedback that their classmates are different from their P1 classmates.

We were not being advise how the school stream the students. There are 2 possibilities as we make our own guessing.

1. The school list down all 330 students' marks. Then choose 1-30 go to 1st class, 31-60 go to 2nd class and so on.

or

2. Each class, choose the best 3 students and consolidate 3 X 11 classes into the 1st class, and so on.

usually the teacher doesn't want to inform parents whether their child is in 1st, 2nd , etc class. however, we can make our own judgement. Looking at the class, there are many prefects, usually are the best class.

Advertisement

Lxwong

My precious boys..

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 10:53:52 PM »

But Rivervale Primary is WAY OFF our Punggol leh... AND they Sengkanese were more excited in getting into this school...every year BALLOT..

Anyway, I am planning to put my son in this School (near to my mum's house) but confirm difficult entry liaoz  Cry
snow white

Wow....I feel good!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 12:14:41 AM »

But Rivervale Primary is WAY OFF our Punggol leh... AND they Sengkanese were more excited in getting into this school...every year BALLOT..

Anyway, I am planning to put my son in this School (near to my mum's house) but confirm difficult entry liaoz  Cry

Wow......that tough to go in........... Cry

"To elevate the financial well-being of humanity"
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 12:51:47 AM »

Rivervale is quite near to my blk, just go across via overhead bridge. My blk is nearer to TPE so within 1 km radius.

Just to share, Rivervale is 2nd choice. Our 1st choice is Paya Lebar Methodist Girls (7 km). On 3rd day of Phase 2C, that school called to withdraw my daughter's name. So we quickly went to Rivervale School to register and her name was the last 2. The 3rd choice will be Edgefield.

Anyhow, we knew that it was balloting, we try out luck because 'balloting' means 'if it is yours it will be yours.' So her name was being balloted. Whew.......so the 2nd one should be easy to enter .

There is a back-door to enter, you know:
1. Parents Volunteer
or
2. Join RC

How old is yr child? 3 yrs old? Better start volunteering now don't wait till 1 yr before.

Infact Rivervale is in the 2nd position after Nan Chiau. I didn't realise that Sengkangnese are so crazy about Rivervale Primary School.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: