Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 26, 2024, 09:25:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary School in Punggol or Sengkang  (Read 48530 times)
snow white

Wow....I feel good!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 06:41:01 AM »

which school pays more to moral aspects../ moulding of characters.Huh?
i think it is the more important part other than the results only......

so which schools to be considered?  Huh?

"To elevate the financial well-being of humanity"

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 07:15:19 AM »

actually I wrote some comments about the schools. After I read kalbarri's post, it seems that my answer is a bit out of scope of yr concern. That's why I cancel the whole comments.

My comment is more on the school's aspect not result nor moral nor child's character. 
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »

After 10 mths of observation for my daughter's school vs my friends' children.

comments as follows:

Rivervale Primary School (my daughter's P1 this year)

1.Teach Less Learn More method

2. For P1 & P2, there is no Traditional Creative Writing (Composition 10%). Instead the school uses e-mails. For example, every once in 2 weeks, the teacher will write e-mail asking questions 'how's the weather?', 'what's yr favourite colour?', and the students will reply via e-mail too. These replies are being graded 10% for 10 weeks.

3. From Jan-Mar, spelling comprises only 5 words, subsequent 10 words after March holidays.

4. Show & Tell comprises of 10%.

5. No Mid-year exam, only in end August CA2 and Final Year Exam SA2 end of Oct.

In the beginning, I condemn the school because I can't take the fact that we are living not in  'branded' school zone. However, after 10 mths with the school and make comparison with my friends (Mee Toh, Sengkang Primary & Edgefield), I appreciate Rivervale Primary School.

Other schools as mentioned above still uses Traditional as our old system. Composition (Creative Writing) 10%, Spelling 10-15 words even from January. For goodness, a P1 how to write proper sentences? grammar also not perfect yet.

So from parent's point of view, Rivervale will not give us such pressure especially when exam is near for at least the first year.

However, I need to emphasize that in Rivervale, P1 already being stream,  when they are P2 some of them will not be in the same class. This streaming going on till P6.

They are more people will share their opinion in this thread.

snow white

Wow....I feel good!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 08:09:53 AM »

After 10 mths of observation for my daughter's school vs my friends' children.

comments as follows:

Rivervale Primary School (my daughter's P1 this year)

1.Teach Less Learn More method

2. For P1 & P2, there is no Traditional Creative Writing (Composition 10%). Instead the school uses e-mails. For example, every once in 2 weeks, the teacher will write e-mail asking questions 'how's the weather?', 'what's yr favourite colour?', and the students will reply via e-mail too. These replies are being graded 10% for 10 weeks.

3. From Jan-Mar, spelling comprises only 5 words, subsequent 10 words after March holidays.

4. Show & Tell comprises of 10%.

5. No Mid-year exam, only in end August CA2 and Final Year Exam SA2 end of Oct.

In the beginning, I condemn the school because I can't take the fact that we are living not in  'branded' school zone. However, after 10 mths with the school and make comparison with my friends (Mee Toh, Sengkang Primary & Edgefield), I appreciate Rivervale Primary School.

Other schools as mentioned above still uses Traditional as our old system. Composition (Creative Writing) 10%, Spelling 10-15 words even from January. For goodness, a P1 how to write proper sentences? grammar also not perfect yet.

So from parent's point of view, Rivervale will not give us such pressure especially when exam is near for at least the first year.

However, I need to emphasize that in Rivervale, P1 already being stream,  when they are P2 some of them will not be in the same class. This streaming going on till P6.

They are more people will share their opinion in this thread.

Hi Fiji

Greatly appreciate your sharing. Regards to P1 already being stream, can you elaborately abit on this. You mean every year there will be streaming every year, in other words, technically they may not be in a same group of students throught out the 6 years? How do they stream them?

thumbs up

"To elevate the financial well-being of humanity"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: