Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 15, 2024, 02:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary school  (Read 22065 times)
sleepingfish

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 04:10:06 AM »

Die Die want to enter Phase 2B in Mee Toh. Suggestions:

1. Call the sch which temple they are associated with.
2. Visit the temple and see the monk in charge.
3. Thick skin enough, ask the monk 'can you give me a letter of recommendation to enter Mee Toh'
4. Thick skin again, ask them is $500 donation enough?
5. Kia Su a bit, ask them to give the letter of recommendation immediately as you present yr cheque.

Guaranteed Phase 2B

LOL...this is funny......

Advertisement

sleepingfish

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 04:16:25 AM »

My personal point of view is, do not restrict your child to only chinese friends.  We are living in a multi-cultural country.  If a child gets the habit of mixing around only with the same ethnic group, will it be hard to get used to life in further education (say secondary and JC).  Yes, it may sound nice to be in a chinese school.  But come to think of it, your child will be speaking mother tongue to their teachers, their friends and even to the canteen vendors.  Is that really what you want for your child?  If a child is in another school, say Seng Kang, at least he/she will be forced to speak English to communicate with other non-chinese friends.
I do not know about Mee Toh, but what's wrong or what have you heard about Edgefield?  So far, what I heard is that they have done relatively much better than Mee Toh for the past two years.  PSLE results much much much higher. 
Edgefield has pupils who moved on to Raffles Girls.  So it's not a bad school afterall. 
Every school has its own set of problems.  Some kept it under wrap.  Some discussed it graciously with the public.  Which would you prefer?  For me, I rather that the school inform me of any problem that arises than finding it out only when the problem worsen.
What's your stand?

i do agreed on the point of mixing around....i used to mix with my neighbours, malay, indians, chinese.....n i find myself can get along with all races now...as for one of my fren, she really racist to the extend tat she dislike working with non chinese,...dun even communicate with them...i think tis very bad......
Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »

Meetoh got an account here...

http://www.punggol.sg/forum/index.php?topic=5984.0
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 09:05:54 PM »

is the principal herself login into the forum?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: