Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 23, 2024, 02:49:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents with primary school kids  (Read 15156 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:19:28 AM »

well-spoken, me too  don't believe in those giving the child traditional tuition or worst treating the child as a calculator. Why not go for enrichment which give beyond academic and school work. I also don't understand why parents send their children for tuition whereby all those worksheets can be photocopy from popular bookshop.

Advertisement

punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 08:49:02 AM »

I am for "homework only when necessary", not so much no homework since some kids maybe slower and cannot finish the seatwork in school. My girl (P3) loves project work - never bothered me at all about project work because she's so motivated to do them. She planned, got her materials and completed them all by herself! I nag at her about her homework and learning of spelling all the time! Homework are just not important and boring to her! She's not in the gifted programme but she does well in her exams.

My son's school gives worksheets after worksheets. He (P1) loves them and asked why no homework for this holiday. I just couldn't believe my ears! He loves a proper system and doing work is something he is very comfortable with.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 12:22:28 AM »

Mee Toh 271
Edgefield 269
Rivervale 268

Highest whole singapore 294, don't know which school yet at this point of time. Press conference in a few hours' time.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 08:15:21 PM »

That's a not fair judgement.

Gifted students sit the same PSLE paper with the average and EM3 students? And yet can proudly announce that the Gifted girl has the highest score whole Singapore.

EM3 students have their PSLE papers tailor-made for them. Why the Gifted students don't sit on tailor-made papers? Not a big deal at all.

Another bunch of clowns in MOE circus
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:20:39 PM by Alaska » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: