Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 03, 2024, 08:58:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Baby Bonus Scheme  (Read 10985 times)
babyluna

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2008, 12:43:51 AM »

hi parents,
mind to share and chit chat about the new scheme?

Any one going for another bb?

We already have one at 17 months. before that we were 'to go or not to go' for second ones, coz evertyhing things are expensive... but now with the generous financial support, we might plan for it. but still have to think twice coz it is a life time commitment.

any advice?

Advertisement

garfodi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:22:59 AM »

Hi Babyluna,

I hv a boy who's 4 and turning 5 this year. All the while been planning to have number 2 and decided to be a SAHM this year to spend more time with him and also see if I can pro-create  blushing. Hahaha....jokes aside, whether or not there are any new scheme, I will still go ahead to have number 2. Of course, as you mentioned, everything else is so expensive these days but I guess have to scrimp and save even more, after all, having a child is priceless and it's a personal decision so individuals will have their own reasons on whether should they or should they not have another bb. I will definitely have more bb/s not because of the money but because I think 1 is not enough, 2 or more will be merrier.  thumbs up

But 1 thing I'm disappointed abt the new scheme is that there wasn't any help for SAHM. It's like as if we are the "forgotten" beings who choose to sacrifice their career, not helping the economy, hence, no helping hand from the govt  Cry. I belived a lot of SAHM choose to give up their career is because to give the best to their kids, they need to be there instead of leaving them under the care of grandparents or maid and only seeing them after work. Not every woman is that lucky to work for bosses who emphatise working mother's position and in fact, with the new scheme, it still depends on the bosses whether how the leave is being planned.
brightstar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »

i don't find the new scheme to have any major benefits.  Undecided
babyluna

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »

ya its true. if the parents do not want to have baby, the new scheme might not help or convince them too. so ultimately it depends on the parents' decision.

as for us, we were deciding whether or not to give another sibling and companion to our girl, so this scheme looks abit attractive, esp the CDA for second child. But after checking with our colleage and friend, we realised that the CDA can only be used for childcare fees. If parents do not wish to withdraw when the child reach 6 yeras old (0r 7, cant really remember), the money will be kept in the account and used for tertiary education. it cant be used for pri and secondary school fees. Have you heard about this?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: