Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 24, 2024, 02:05:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to handle with HFMD  (Read 9540 times)
H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »

I'm so stress now pregnant 5 mths and have to take care of him nw..hw long will he take to recover..he now have fever also..wat can he eat and cannot eat??

IMPORTANT:
Not trying to scare you. Better talk to your gyne, when my wife was pregnant, there was a HFM case in my elder son's playgroup. Spoke to both my wife's gyne and son's pediatrician, they mentioned that for HFM there are no concrete evidence to support that it would or would not affect the foetus, unlike flu or common cold which is documented as not detrimental to your unborn baby. Both of them mentioned to keep away, as prevention better than cure. Because of that, my son did not attend school for 9 days, to prevent him from bring it home.

In your case, difficult as your son is the one with the HFM. Call your gyne as soon as you can.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 07:46:54 PM »

squeeze fresh orange juice to increase the immune system at this time. One glass per day OK liao.
Ulcers in the mouth,  I think eat cold stuff like ice cream can reduce the pain for a while.
Della

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »

Wah...sooo tired  head banging wake up every 1 hr last night..Son keep saying PAIN PAIN !!  Shocked Put powder.clean him..put calamine ltn..
Thks Alaska..i will try giving him ice-cream later..H2Oseekers..The Dr that my son visit told me oso that it will spread if i too close to him..
hye oso no choice..must take care oso..feeling sick soon liao..
 Shocked
H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 09:39:34 AM »

Wah...sooo tired  head banging wake up every 1 hr last night..Son keep saying PAIN PAIN !!  Shocked Put powder.clean him..put calamine ltn..
Thks Alaska..i will try giving him ice-cream later..H2Oseekers..The Dr that my son visit told me oso that it will spread if i too close to him..
hye oso no choice..must take care oso..feeling sick soon liao..
 Shocked

Can anyone else in your family take care of your son first? You got your baby to worry about, your son's HFM is short term. TOUCH WOOD! But possible long term complications to your foetus is something worth giving a thought too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: