Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 02:50:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greendale Primary OR Edgefield Primary ???  (Read 16178 times)
garfodi

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:07:30 AM »

Hi Punggolboy, which phase is your daughter in? My boy will be in Phase 2C. Have not decide which school to choose yet but I guess, have to go to the open house to take a look.

I do not know much about Edgefield or Greendale but do hear a bit about Mee Toh from another friend of mine. The school has added a lot of CCA maybe because MOE recently announced on adding "olympic subjects". Her daughter is in Pri 2 this year and almost every other day, she would have either badminton, basketball or some other sports. Besides this, I don't know if she's unlucky or otherwise, her daughter have this classmate who has been bullying her since Pri 1. Recently, she told me this other girl beat her daughter during CCA and resulted in bleeding in her hand. She has since feedback to the teacher but it looks like nothing much is being done.

I'm not saying because of this, Mee Toh is a lousy school because every school would sure have its fair share of bullying and activities but perhaps, during open house, we can always check with the Principal/teachers/admin staff on how they handle such conflicts, whether parents can feedback easily to them, CCA, homework etc to find out more before we decide on what school to choose.

Advertisement

jlim

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 05:13:22 AM »

Ya,My son is in P2 Mee Toh as well, The CCA is only once a week, the two other day would be for PE.Since 2006 To get a place in Mee Toh is either thru Parent volunteer or Balloting,
There must be a reason behind why most people want to chose that school.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »

It is better to seek opinion for ex-students or parents who have been with the school for 5-6 yrs. At the basketball court behind kopitiam where Mee Toh Sch is, there are so many teenagers hanging around or playing the basketball. They were ex-students from Mee Toh and Edgefield.
basilleaf

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 10:40:32 PM »

I totally agree with Garfodi about how a school handles conflicts is very important.  If they take complaints lightly, it may result in a lot of unhappiness, resulting in the child being unwilling to go to school.  Also, the best way is to talk to the principal directly.  That way, you can tell how sincere the person is and what kind of programmes the school has to differentiate it from the other schools.  Only you know your child's strengths and weaknesses.  Why not choose a school that can bring his talents to greater heights rather than to go for the school with highest applicants?  Ultimately, how he copes is important.  It's scary when our own enthusiasm and high expectations rub off on the kid without due considerations to what he can actually do. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: