Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 26, 2024, 06:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Gyne at Punggol?  (Read 29123 times)
judy80

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 04:36:28 AM »

According to my last mens, I was supposed to be 5 wks pregnant but I kept telling her that I do not have regular period, so the calculation may not be accurate. She said the size of my sac for the baby was big enough and she should be able to detect my baby with her ultra sound machine - thus concluded so confidently that it was a bad pregnancy and arranged for me to abort. I asked should I wait, she said I could but I may bleed naturally and profusely, so arranged surgery is better for the mother. I also had to ask her whether should I wait and get a second ultra sound. Only then did she agree and arranged for another ultra sound - 1 day before the surgery. I asked about her package but she said let's not talk about that now. The scary thing is that she was so certain of this bad pregnancy and I almost took her for her word. Maybe she had many of such experiences and thus, appeared very cold and unfeeling towards me. I got a second opinion in KK, my friend's gynae actually waited for me when her shift was over and attended to me personally. She found my baby hiding in a corner with strong heartbeat! That was 30hrs after the visit to Dr Chen. I called her clinic back to cancel my appointment and told her assistant about my experience but the Dr herself did not get back to me at all. Maybe her assistant did not inform her - that's why I thought I should let her know personally. She may be very good, caring etc but my only experience with her was traumatising.

Well, my daughter is growing fine and she's such a joy! That's what really matters.

Sorry to hear your bad experiences.... Hope things is well for you and family.... do take good care.

Advertisement

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 11:28:03 AM »

I eventually went to Dr Adrian Woodworth @ Sengkang MRT to do my pre-conception check. Hes not too bad and there are a lot of women with him because his pre-natal package is cheap and affordable at 550bucks. However, he tends to speak very fast and sometimes his consultation sessions are quite short if you have no questions for him. I have not decided if I want to stick to him when I eventually am pregnant but no horrible experiences with him so far. He delivers at all private hospitals but recommends TMC. You can read about him from this thread

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/128280.html?1155742299

When you are free, you can actually visit the forum at www.singaporemotherhood.com There are tonnes of info there but you gotta be patient because there are like thousands of threads. I found a lot of useful information there!

Dr Adrian Woodworth was a Senior Consultant from KKH. My mom's ops for fibroid removal and subsequent uterus removal were by him. According to mom, he was a very gd doctor. KK loses a talent again. My own Gynae is from KKH. Senior Consultant John Tee. No comments as I ended up operated. But he is the head of dept for KK gynecologist and obstetrician dept. His q also super long. Can be seen in KKH clinc (Sengkang).
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 01:58:14 AM »

My 2 gynaes were from KK too - Dr Adrian Tan and Joycelyn Wong. Both very good and left KK to TMC to start their own clinics. Dr Chen was from KK too.
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 03:39:53 AM »

I think almost all Gynae originates fr KKH.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: